Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Different poster here. C'mon, AGC pays a measly 3.8k starting to girls (with second uppers), what kind of salary is that? Guys who served NS get ~4.6k (with second uppers) because they are considered to have worked for 2 years. And the increment is also much lower - approximately $450 per year. After 5 years, girls earn only 5.2k while private practitioners would be earning 9-10k.

You sure AGC is good?
Shortsighted and obviously written by a student. Have you even started working yet?

AGC is a stepping stone to other areas of legal service. Within a few short years, many will lateraled out to Deputy Director level positions in the legal service, while those in Big 4 would have either quit, been "encouraged" to leave (i.e. fired) due to poor billables, or not even have made the cut for retention.

Your data on pay is also obviously narrowminded and doesn't take into account that they progress on the payscale much earlier and civil service bonus is good.

To the poster who thinks AGC is about prosecuting "mats for offences", you obviously have no idea what State Counsel or the International affairs division do. BTW i hope you flame out of law because a childish racist like you has no place in the legal profession.

For the record I'm not even in AGC or SLS. I'm in private practice. But I'm just irritated by these little kids shooting their mouths off without the faintest idea what they're talking about