Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
48, retired from the corporate sector. 3 bedroom luxury condo is paid up. Luxury continental car is paid up.

I've decided to retire from the finance sector (front office) to focus on my health. I'm not a healthy person. High stress, lack of rest and sleep and an unhealthy lifestyle can end my life early.

My health is priceless. No point having so much wealth but unhealthy and miserable. Worse, I may suddenly die due to poor health. I know many cases of early death - their profile similar to mine.

I'm fortunate that I didn't spend away my high income. Instead I've invested in stocks and properties and made lots of money. I'm now financially independent.

I now spend my time doing what I love most - investing, minus the high stress and deadlines. I am earning good income from stocks and investment properties. I keep myself busy by regular exercise at the condo gym, learning more about health matters, volunteering for worthy causes and looking for new investment opportunities to grow my portfolio.

My QUALITY of LIFE has improved significantly. I'm a lot happier too!
Aren't you leaving too much on the table by leaving when you are at the peak of earning capability??? Just a few years more would have added very significantly to your coffer. And, you dun really have to go all out.