Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 02:19 PM

NassimTourneuil.Phenix is on a distinguished road

Case study in NUS GLB: first degree in non-law, dean's lister for y2, landed TC with big 4 tier 1 very popular dept. Frankly i interned with him/her and i will say, even wo seeing his/her grades, he/she's rly solid personally and professionally. Assuming his/her grades are on par with my peers, if all were to go for a TC interview, he/she will be top of the shortlist.

I think for GLBs you need to ask the question: why did i not take law as first degree? You will succeed as a GLB if your answer is: "at that time, i was playing around and screwed up a levels. But i realised i'm a really determined and ambitious person who has strong drive, which emerged years into my first non-law job. I'm a late bloomer. and i feel under-utilised, underpaid, and underdeveloped my current job.

If you just think "i want more money" without some introspection, you'll regret the JD/GLB. Most people who talk about ROI see this as some stock you buy and just wait to generate returns. But good traders know that numbers are one thing, you gotta look into what you are investing in (yourself). All these figures are premised on fundamentals, and these can only be discovered by looking inward, not outward (other GLB success stories).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First of all, most professionals looking for legal conversion are probably doing it out of pragmatism so I don't expect most JD aspirants to be financially independent and studying for a degree out of sheer vanity like myself.

Anyway, I caught up with some class-mates last night and we all agreed that our decision to take the SMU JD was not rational in hindsight. None of us would recommend this course to others for now.

://treeofprosperity.blogspot.com/2017/04/my-jd-aftermath-1-adult-education-and.html