Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

The following confessions were referenced in this post:
==
#41809: To my law school batch mates, could I suggest that you seriously consider before posting photos/screenshots of your training contract offers? I understand that this is something to be happy about, and we have worked our asses off for 2+ years to secure this. But are you in such need of likes or validation that you need to tell the whole world which big firm you're going? Sure, celebrate with your loved ones. Hell, tell your friends, I'm sure they'll be happy for you. Besides, word of which big firm you landed will slowly spread, if that's your secondary (or primary) purpose. But I don't see the need to plaster it all over social media with #grateful captions.

Seriously, spare a thought for those who have yet to secure one. The grim reality is that in this market, not all of us will get a TC. And this doesn't include those who settled for far smaller firms than they'd hoped for, some with no prospect of retention, which may just be delaying the problem. Posts of offers are like rubbing salt into their wounds, and increases the stress on everyone.

This may sound like some salty post, but I assure you that's not where I'm coming from. I just wish law school to be a kinder, less cut-throat place. Many are hurting silently, let's not make this trying period tougher than it needs to be.
-- Original link: s://nuswhispers.com/confession/41809
-- Facebook link: s://.facebook.com/nuswhispers/posts/1624797660924022

For queries, complains, bug reports: [email protected]