Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From the above information it sounds like Shell is offering better salary benefit on general terms. This is interesting. Would anyone who knows about ExxonMobil Singapore Chemical Plant give me an idea about the work culture at there? Also, what are the future opportunity assuming if one works there for say 10 years, will the person be able to look for a better opportunity elsewhere - to be specific I am concern about project engineering/management role. Would the person working as a project engineer be limited to working in the downstream sector of O&G specifically chemical plant sector after that number of years of work experience in ExxonMobil? If not, what are other available options that you can suggest? I appreciate your comments and thoughts. Thank you.
I guess with regards to plants, it's very diverse from pharma to petrochemical to chemical. If you look at the requirement on job ads, these sector always get lumped together. But I was thinking whether downstream oil and gas project engineering experience will be applicable to upstream oil and gas industry. If that's the case, that will give more diversity to the jobs one is looking for.