Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 12:29 PM

blackswan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From the above information it sounds like Shell is offering better salary benefit on general terms. This is interesting. Would anyone who knows about ExxonMobil Singapore Chemical Plant give me an idea about the work culture at there? Also, what are the future opportunity assuming if one works there for say 10 years, will the person be able to look for a better opportunity elsewhere - to be specific I am concern about project engineering/management role. Would the person working as a project engineer be limited to working in the downstream sector of O&G specifically chemical plant sector after that number of years of work experience in ExxonMobil? If not, what are other available options that you can suggest? I appreciate your comments and thoughts. Thank you.
EM likes to rotate the new hires to different roles every 3 or 4 yrs... U can be a sales engineer now few yrs later u will be contact engineer at plant. Supply chain coordinator becoming contact engineer or even sales manager becoming HR manager is common.

Some roles in EM can be:

Contact engineer, process design engineer, project engineer, product coordinator, optimizer, business planner, logistics planner, sales engineer, marketing engineer.

The rotation is more common for chem. eng. grads as they r more versatile.

The working hours seems to be more in EM than Shell, but less pay.
It's more common to see EM ppl hopping to Shell.