Whats your net worth - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property, building net worth and retirement matters




Whats your net worth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i wonder how you guys accumulate so much money!

For instance let's say 2 graduates from local uni:

F: grad at age 22, M: grad at age 24
Assuming 10% increment in annual package.
1st year: starting salary $3.5k annual package = 56k (including aws + 3 months bonus)
2nd year: 61.6k
3rd year: 67.8k
4th year: 74.6k
5th year: 82k
6th year: 90.2k
7th year: 99.2k
8th year: 109.1k
9th year: 120k
10th year: 132k

Total earnings = $836.5k per pax in 10 years.

I have not factored in expenses, cpf yet.

Please tell me how you guys did it?

Family well to do in the first place to pay for tertiary studies, give you the capital to start business or invest?

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Below are my actual earnings and savings since i graduated at age 24 from nus in June 2006.

Please advise on how i can increase my net worth.

24, my starting salary was $2500, $2000 after CPF.

Income from June - Dec 2006: $15000 + $2500 (1 month bonus), $14000 after CPF
Monthly expenses from June - Dec 2006:
Give parents: $300
Tuition fee loan repayment: $200 (Balance at end of 2006 is $18800)
Insurance: $200
Food: $400
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $500 per month.
End of 2006, savings accummulated: $3000

25, salary increase to $3000
Income from Jan - Dec 2007: $36000 + $6000 (2 month bonus), $33600 after CPF
Monthly expenses from Jan - Dec 2007:
Give parents: $300 monthly
Tuition fee loan repayment: $200 (Balance at end of 2007 is $16400)
Insurance: $200
Food: $400
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $900 per month.
End of 2007, savings accummulated: $3000 + $10,800 - $1000 (Got bonus give parents)

26, salary increase to $3200
Income from Jan - Dec 2008: $38400 + $8000 (2.5 month bonus), $37120 after CPF
Monthly expenses from Jan - Dec 2008:
Give parents: $300
Tuition fee loan repayment: $200 (Balance at end of 2008 is $14000)
Insurance: $200
Food: $400
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $1060 per month.
End of 2008, savings accummulated: $3000 + $10,800 -$1000 (Got bonus give parents) + $12720 - $1000 (Got bonus give parents)

At this stage, i cleared off my loan to save on the interest. So my savings decreased to $10520.

27, salary increase to $3500
Income from Jan - Dec 2009: $42000 + $10500 (3 month bonus), $42000 after CPF
Monthly expenses from Jan - Dec 2008:
Give parents: $400 (Give parents more money + extra given due to bigger bonus)
Insurance: $200
Food: $600 (Got gf now, so expenses increased)
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $1200 per month.
End of 2008, savings accummulated: $12520 + $16800 - $1000 (Got bonus give parents)

28, salary increased to $3800

I'll continue the rest at the end of the year.

So currently, i have accummulated $28320 of savings.

Please teach me how I can increase my savings. I have applied for bto which is going to to ready in 2013. So probably will be getting married in a few years time.

I have been working for 3.5 years but I don't think I can accummulate savings of 100k after 10 years of work which some of you did.

My salary is already 1 of the better ones among my peers who are working in the offices and non sales related.

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Easy. Just save compulsively.

Imagine a couple only spend the earnings of 1 spouse, or less, and save the rest. In 10 years or so, both will save up about $1mio.

Then imagine they are shrewd investors and they profit a few hundred Ks from investments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i wonder how you guys accumulate so much money!

For instance let's say 2 graduates from local uni:

F: grad at age 22, M: grad at age 24
Assuming 10% increment in annual package.
1st year: starting salary $3.5k annual package = 56k (including aws + 3 months bonus)
2nd year: 61.6k
3rd year: 67.8k
4th year: 74.6k
5th year: 82k
6th year: 90.2k
7th year: 99.2k
8th year: 109.1k
9th year: 120k
10th year: 132k

Total earnings = $836.5k per pax in 10 years.

I have not factored in expenses, cpf yet.

Please tell me how you guys did it?

Family well to do in the first place to pay for tertiary studies, give you the capital to start business or invest?

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You're on your way. Don't forget your income will increase over time, and if you maintain your rather frugal lifestyle, you will be able to save more and more.

Learn to invest wisely too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Below are my actual earnings and savings since i graduated at age 24 from nus in June 2006.

Please advise on how i can increase my net worth.

24, my starting salary was $2500, $2000 after CPF.

Income from June - Dec 2006: $15000 + $2500 (1 month bonus), $14000 after CPF
Monthly expenses from June - Dec 2006:
Give parents: $300
Tuition fee loan repayment: $200 (Balance at end of 2006 is $18800)
Insurance: $200
Food: $400
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $500 per month.
End of 2006, savings accummulated: $3000

25, salary increase to $3000
Income from Jan - Dec 2007: $36000 + $6000 (2 month bonus), $33600 after CPF
Monthly expenses from Jan - Dec 2007:
Give parents: $300 monthly
Tuition fee loan repayment: $200 (Balance at end of 2007 is $16400)
Insurance: $200
Food: $400
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $900 per month.
End of 2007, savings accummulated: $3000 + $10,800 - $1000 (Got bonus give parents)

26, salary increase to $3200
Income from Jan - Dec 2008: $38400 + $8000 (2.5 month bonus), $37120 after CPF
Monthly expenses from Jan - Dec 2008:
Give parents: $300
Tuition fee loan repayment: $200 (Balance at end of 2008 is $14000)
Insurance: $200
Food: $400
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $1060 per month.
End of 2008, savings accummulated: $3000 + $10,800 -$1000 (Got bonus give parents) + $12720 - $1000 (Got bonus give parents)

At this stage, i cleared off my loan to save on the interest. So my savings decreased to $10520.

27, salary increase to $3500
Income from Jan - Dec 2009: $42000 + $10500 (3 month bonus), $42000 after CPF
Monthly expenses from Jan - Dec 2008:
Give parents: $400 (Give parents more money + extra given due to bigger bonus)
Insurance: $200
Food: $600 (Got gf now, so expenses increased)
Transport: $200
Misc: $200
Savings: $1200 per month.
End of 2008, savings accummulated: $12520 + $16800 - $1000 (Got bonus give parents)

28, salary increased to $3800

I'll continue the rest at the end of the year.

So currently, i have accummulated $28320 of savings.

Please teach me how I can increase my savings. I have applied for bto which is going to to ready in 2013. So probably will be getting married in a few years time.

I have been working for 3.5 years but I don't think I can accummulate savings of 100k after 10 years of work which some of you did.

My salary is already 1 of the better ones among my peers who are working in the offices and non sales related.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default doing ok

I'm 34, married with 2 kids.
Cash and stocks we have 250K, home value around 1.45M, no debts. Doing ok, hope to be financially free by 45
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 34, married with 2 kids.
Cash and stocks we have 250K, home value around 1.45M, no debts. Doing ok, hope to be financially free by 45
Congrats on doing so well. May I know if you took up a loan and then fully redeemed it, or you fully paid up when you bought it?
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats on doing so well. May I know if you took up a loan and then fully redeemed it, or you fully paid up when you bought it?
The purchase was made in cash and cpf.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

nothing much..potential income 30-40k. no property or cpf...to make big bucks...go to EU/USA, [email protected]% p.a. or start own biz...
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

sorry, last comment was re 1.6m response...

the thing is singaporeans been brainwashed into accepting low income 2k, 3k a month etc. cos govt so good, build good roads, schools, hospitals etc. but ministers earn $2m...

firstly, dont start your 1st job 25, lmao, by that time i was heading for VP.... first job was 21 in europe, about 60k, headhunted at 23 for 90k, promoted to VP at 26, 130k+50kbonus, then a few good years at 250k-300k (dotcom boom), took a lifestyle break (50% paycut, 200% life back) headhunted again 400k+ a few years there.

spend like crazy, yachts, parties, $500 wine, cars etc, and had to pay 30-40% tax, but still stockpile some good cash, got some dosh from buy/sell 1 bed flat, and stocks, not much, never got real lucky, but now heading to 2m cash age 36. i remember i had zero dollar age 22.5, paid off all debt and had to defer my credit card bill by 2 weeks to wait for wage, but after that, it just grew... made all my own money...

key to get rich/comfy is not to save and be frugal, but spend the time making money, investing, analysing...for the same time you save 1 dollar, i'd have made 5 dollar. just look at the top 5 biggest expense you have, and forget the rest...you're not going to get rich deciding whether to take a bus or a taxi... you need to spend money to make money...
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

im sorry, but this does not sound believable, graduated in the UK with a degree? VP level huh?

kindly fix your grammar first before I get to believe in your millions...in the corporate world, the way you communicate your thoughts does not even meet the associate level.

unless your really lazy to fix your language properly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
net wealth, net worth, networth

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark It Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 15 20-06-2013 03:58 PM
legal profession not worth it? alarme Income and Jobs 3 05-04-2010 04:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,228 Replies, 753,679 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
529 Replies, 241,898 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,898 Replies, 3,500,221 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,706 Replies, 520,767 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
695 Replies, 390,367 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 66,229 Views
Mining Industry ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 13,895 Views
Jailed over traffic offence record... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 9,040 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
890 Replies, 352,384 Views
Restructured hospital salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 25,863 Views
Start Winning from Singapore Pools
0 Replies, 151 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,196 Replies, 381,001 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,202 Replies, 711,158 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
271 Replies, 459,507 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 100,718 Views
Rolls-Royce Graduate Development... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 6,028 Views
is smbc a pro family company to... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 10,179 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
968 Replies, 651,505 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
810 Replies, 274,923 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 161,622 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,103 Replies, 279,078 Views
Process Technician/Operation... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 125,085 Views
Queries about AIA graduate program
2 Replies, 225 Views
Contract job
9 Replies, 7,005 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 81,216 Views
NCS System Specialist
0 Replies, 157 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 32,263 Views
Plant tour NEA TSIP
0 Replies, 133 Views
Compliance vs External Audit
9 Replies, 753 Views
Nervous during interview
6 Replies, 818 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2