How much savings do you have? - Page 80 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth

How much savings do you have?

Old 16-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I still think it is pitiable to be renting when old and moving every few years....how to move when you r in your 60s and 70s? You will need a lot of help...
You can always ask movers or your kids to pack your things. I'm sure if you continue staying in a rented place for a long time, there will be no issue with the landlord, in fact he would welcome good tenants who have the means to pay on time. When you get very old in your 80s (if you live that long), would be better to come back to Singapore and live with your kids until you die.

Old 16-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Yes, if u rent in JB , better to come back to Sg when old to live with yr kids until u die....

I will prob semiretire when RTS is up, stay with kids in JB till they go uni, sell my terrace ifthey need money for overseas uni and come back and live in my condo when old.....

Old 17-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Hi

I find this debate between the old man and the young mother here interesting. The young mother wants to retire now but the old man said cannot and they go on and on ...

Let me share with you my own personal experience on my journey towards early retirement.

It begins when I was in school. I studied very hard and was among the better students in primary, secondary, JC and Uni. I worked in an MNC for many years and climbed my way up and became a top executive due to my stellar work performance, excellent personality and integrity. Unlike my peers who enjoyed life with partying, buying sports cars, girls, expensive holidays, etc, I had a simple and frugal life. I did not drive and I invested a big portion of my monthly pay and annual bonuses (huge bonuses) in stocks and properties, buying and selling them many rounds, making big profits. At the age of 45, I am officialy retired. I own a fully paid up luxury condo and an investment portfolio that generates decent passive income.

I earn an annual passive income of $100k pa. My younger wife, 35, is still growing in her career and getting $110k pa. We share equally our annual family expenses of $100k pa (I pay $50k pa and she pays $50k pa and we save and invest the balance). My wife is now saving as much as she cans and I help her to invest so that she can grow her investment portfolio. We hope her annual dividends will reach $100k pa by the time she reach 45, so that she can join me in my retirement.

I am now very busy managing my big investment portfolio, studying the economy, markets, industries and companies. I enjoy every minute of it. I relax by exercising in my condo gym and swim in the condo pool. I am now a young multi millionaire.

Old 17-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing and congrats on early retirement....

Just like to ask if u invest in stocks and get 5% pa returns like some forummers say they do? Is it possible? Can share what stocks can do that? If possible, may be better than putting in Malaysian fixed deposit as currency may depreciate...
Old 17-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

My goodness. You are so free in your retirement, you post this tiresome same story every other day!~
Time to go back to work, perhaps? Even if you're not bored, we are bored of your posting/boasting.

Sad git.

Quote:
Hi

I find this debate between the old man and the young mother here interesting. The young mother wants to retire now but the old man said cannot and they go on and on ...

Let me share with you my own personal experience on my journey towards early retirement.

It begins when I was in school. I studied very hard and was among the better students in primary, secondary, JC and Uni. I worked in an MNC for many years and climbed my way up and became a top executive due to my stellar work performance, excellent personality and integrity. Unlike my peers who enjoyed life with partying, buying sports cars, girls, expensive holidays, etc, I had a simple and frugal life. I did not drive and I invested a big portion of my monthly pay and annual bonuses (huge bonuses) in stocks and properties, buying and selling them many rounds, making big profits. At the age of 45, I am officialy retired. I own a fully paid up luxury condo and an investment portfolio that generates decent passive income.

I earn an annual passive income of $100k pa. My younger wife, 35, is still growing in her career and getting $110k pa. We share equally our annual family expenses of $100k pa (I pay $50k pa and she pays $50k pa and we save and invest the balance). My wife is now saving as much as she cans and I help her to invest so that she can grow her investment portfolio. We hope her annual dividends will reach $100k pa by the time she reach 45, so that she can join me in my retirement.

I am now very busy managing my big investment portfolio, studying the economy, markets, industries and companies. I enjoy every minute of it. I relax by exercising in my condo gym and swim in the condo pool. I am now a young multi millionaire.
Old 17-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. My husband and I are also planning to retire in Malaysia but we have doubts to retire in JB due to safety concerns. We are both in our late 50s and our children are grown ups and independent. We are free to move to anywhere we like.

Can you share why you and husband chose to retire in JB and not some other cities in Malaysia? Is the safety issue not so serious in JB? What steps have you taken to ensure your personal and family's safety?

Appreciate your advice.

Quote:
Late 30s, female locum GP
Cash: $50k
Stocks : $40k
Cpf OA and SA: $160k
SRS $20k
1 terrace in Sg bought 1.1 mil, now valued at 1.8 to 2 mil , loan 567k left
1 bedder condo bought $ 636801, loan $380k, due to TOP, hope to rent out , converted to 2 bedder, very near mrt
1 JB semi d, $380k, full equity loan

Hope to semi retire in JB soon and pay off Sg props as much as possible with hubby to get as much rental passive income as possible. Terrace may sell in future if need to send kids overseas for uni...

Old 17-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing. My husband and I are also planning to retire in Malaysia but we have doubts to retire in JB due to safety concerns. We are both in our late 50s and our children are grown ups and independent. We are free to move to anywhere we like.

Can you share why you and husband chose to retire in JB and not some other cities in Malaysia? Is the safety issue not so serious in JB? What steps have you taken to ensure your personal and family's safety?

Appreciate your advice.
We chose JB due to its proximity to Sg as we may semiretire as our kids r young. Bought a semid in a gated & guarded compound to be safer..

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 17-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Good to know I am not the only one who thinks this guy damn sad, sometimes I wonder if its just the forum people churning up traffic. Hard to believe someone so thick skinned

Quote:
My goodness. You are so free in your retirement, you post this tiresome same story every other day!~
Time to go back to work, perhaps? Even if you're not bored, we are bored of your posting/boasting.

Sad git.
Old 18-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Don't buy a house in JB and don't retire there:

1. There is already a housing glut, it will be worse in the future. You will see ghost towns in JB and even abandoned projects. Too much supply. There will be thousands of empty units. Very spooky.

2. Security is among the worst in Malaysia. Not safe, esp for old couple like you both. Better be safe than sorry. Many cases of day light robberies, even at petrol stations. If you value your life and the life of your loved ones, then you should avoid JB.

3. Medical facilities for the old not up to Singapore's high standard.

Quote:
Hi,

Appreciate your advice.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 18-09-2014, 02:52 PM
ZZZ

Quote:
We chose JB due to its proximity to Sg as we may semiretire as our kids r young. Bought a semid in a gated & guarded compound to be safer..
just curious, are you malaysian or singaporean?

no harm trying it out if you have worked out your finances, but will your kids be attending an international school? i don't think foreign students are able to attend local schools