Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Where would you invest your money at 25? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/10500-where-would-you-invest-your-money-25-a.html)

Jnsy 14-06-2018 11:05 PM

Where would you invest your money at 25?

Hi All,

Im 24yo single this year have been working since I was 18.

OA-41K
SA-12K

I am currently drawing a salary of 3.4k , going to complete my uni course in January.

My biggest regret is not saving or investing any money when I was younger ,buying cars and stupid handbags and getting in ridiculous credit card debt.

I Would be debt free in March 2019(study loans and cc loans)

What would you do if you were my 25 with 2k cash every month and 40k OA?
How would you grow your wealth?
Is it even possible to generate 5k passive income ever month in 5 years time?
Please advise, Thank you!:)

Unregistered 15-06-2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jnsy (Post 107991)
Hi All,

OA-41K
SA-12K

I am currently drawing a salary of 3.4k , going to complete my uni course in January.

My biggest regret is not saving or investing any money when I was younger ,buying cars and stupid handbags and getting in ridiculous credit card debt.

What are you working as for 3.4k? That seems like a good pay w/o a degree! Congrats on saving up.

Unregistered 15-06-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

OA-41K
SA-12K

It depends on what are your goals. You starting working early at 18 and have accumulated funds in your CPF and hopefully some cash with you. This is a good head start. Unfortunately your biggest mistake is to get into credit card debt which is a bad debt.

I suggest you start to save up before thinking of growing your wealth. Depending on your risk appetite, you can invest or do a side line business.

What I did was I got into good debts by investing in myself. i.e. investing in education, joined a good company and buy a house.

You should also have sufficient insurance coverage.

My greatest asset is my house, which has since appreciated.

fyrestorm 18-06-2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

OA-41K
SA-12K

5k passive income per month is impossible in 5 years time unless you have a large capital to begin with. Based on statistics, the US stock market has the highest rate of returns. Sg stock market gives lower ROI. You can dollar cost average into index funds such as VTI, VOO or SPY, they pay a dividend every 3 months and average about 8 - 10% return a year. You can also pick individual stocks, but the index funds I have mentioned are better for dollar cost averaging.

Unregistered 28-06-2018 10:10 PM

how about if have 50k to spare? where to invest

Unregistered 01-07-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108386)
how about if have 50k to spare? where to invest

Buy 50K lump sum sti etf asap. Projected to continue rising

Unregistered 05-07-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Hi All,

OA-41K
SA-12K

working backwards.

5k monthly passive = approx 60k annual.

assume 5% Returns. which is very high.

you need at least 1.2M in investment.

by the way. if you can find investment with 5% ROI risk free/low risk. please share with us. right now even the TH astrea bonds only 4+ % and it's not risk free. GSB is even worse. less than 3%

Unregistered 01-08-2018 11:13 AM

@Jnsy

Hi Jnsy, I think while waiting for yourself to finish paying off your debts. You should make full use of your current monthly savings to do some investments.

I can give you some tips and strategies to let your money to work harder for you ! I will leave my contact number at the bottom. Feel free to whatsapp me or call me. :)

Contact no. : <deleted>

Mentos 01-12-2018 12:45 AM

My friend decided to buy bar in Germany and hired local people to work. He had a good friend in Berlin who was looking for a job so he made him manage the business and I must it is going well... Now they even think of buying second bar.

blacklightthy 12-04-2019 03:50 PM

With your current achievements, I believe you might want to start to take a look at private property investments as it has seller commitments as compared to public housing. You might want to start small with a 1 bedder from a new launch that has higher capital appreciation, which suits your investment needs. And selling it away 3 years later it helps you to do forced savings and in fact earning the downpayment for your own future housing. I saw this cheapest new launch in 2019, there are tons of info in this developer site, you might want to check it out. Cheers https://www.thetreasureattampines-official.com/