Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-01-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93759)
Hi all,

Currently I'm MX 16. I graduated last yr (Dip). Went for intv and it was successful. However, because mine is consider a transfer of service, the new ministry carried forward my scheme n benefits.

Will they consider to give me MX 14 based on my current qualifications?

if not wrong, if u want come in as MX14, need to resign cannot transfer service, than years reset back, means, pro rated bonus for u this year... cos there is no way to jump automatically from mx16 to 14... same also for degree, no way from mx14 to 13, need resign if not wrong...

Unregistered 25-01-2017 09:36 AM

Progression

27 male

2014- mx13, $3.8k
2015- mx12 $4.2k
2016 - mx11 $4.9k

How is my progression?

Unregistered 25-01-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94049)
27 male

2014- mx13, $3.8k
2015- mx12 $4.2k
2016 - mx11 $4.9k

How is my progression?

I think its impressive that you get a promotion yearly since 2014!

But I think you are underpaid as an MX11. I'm a MX12 equivalent but I take quite abit more than you do as a MX11. I have roughly the same years of work experience you do, I started on Sep 13 and I'll be 28 this year. My job does not require me to have specialized skills; hence, no special salary structure applied.

Anyway, MX11-equivalent in my workplace draws somewhere from 6-9k. It could be that your yearly fast-tracked promotion does not sit well with the justifications on big revision to salary. So you could be paid at the salary floor of your MX11 rank. I'm sure MX11 salary ceiling has a pretty attractive sum too.

Unregistered 25-01-2017 03:04 PM

Hi all,

I'm interested in applying for mindef and would like to know more about the salary progression. The other thread seems to be discussing more on interview so I would like Tock if anyone here can kindly share what the progression and increment is like roughly?

Thanks guy

Unregistered 26-01-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94055)
Hi all,

I'm interested in applying for mindef and would like to know more about the salary progression. The other thread seems to be discussing more on interview so I would like Tock if anyone here can kindly share what the progression and increment is like roughly?

Thanks guy

There are a few increments in MINDEF.

1. Confirmation to service increment (On your 1st anniversary, if you get confirmed in service)
2. Annual merit increment (depending on your assessed performance banding)
3. Promotion Increment (When you get a promotion in Rank/Grade)

Unable to share progression because MINDEF DXOs are empowered to look out for jobs they are interested in and take care of their career progression. The ministry does not track you unless (i) you enter as a sponsored scholar or (ii) showed that you have good potential (consistently receiving good performance banding).

Hope this helps

Unregistered 26-01-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94066)
There are a few increments in MINDEF.

1. Confirmation to service increment (On your 1st anniversary, if you get confirmed in service)
2. Annual merit increment (depending on your assessed performance banding)
3. Promotion Increment (When you get a promotion in Rank/Grade)

Unable to share progression because MINDEF DXOs are empowered to look out for jobs they are interested in and take care of their career progression. The ministry does not track you unless (i) you enter as a sponsored scholar or (ii) showed that you have good potential (consistently receiving good performance banding).

Hope this helps

Hey, thanks for sharing, it is very useful. I understand that the progression is different for each individual but would you happen to know an estimate of the annual increment? I see some saying 2-3%, others giving a much wider range from 0-7%.

Unregistered 26-01-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94067)
Hey, thanks for sharing, it is very useful. I understand that the progression is different for each individual but would you happen to know an estimate of the annual increment? I see some saying 2-3%, others giving a much wider range from 0-7%.

Increment is 0-10% in the same Financial Year (FY), regardless of the type of increment you get.

This means if you get confirmation increment, merit increment or even promotion increment in the same FY, it is extremely unlikely it will exceed 10% of your salary at the start of the FY.

Unregistered 27-01-2017 08:54 AM

Typically how long to move from mx11 to mx11a

Unregistered 28-01-2017 06:01 PM

PB for diploma holders

Hi

Working in Stat Board. Diploma Holder. Any idea what's the estmate PB for C+ and B grade? Appreciate ! Thanks

Unregistered 28-01-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94122)
Hi

Working in Stat Board. Diploma Holder. Any idea what's the estmate PB for C+ and B grade? Appreciate ! Thanks

I diploma ministry.. c+=1.5mths.. b=2mths