Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 26-11-2016 11:17 PM

im currently a diploma holder working in ministry and have obtained my degree, if i apply for another degree post at ministry can i do transfer of service or need resign?, means cannott get full PB next march if i change job?

Unregistered 27-11-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92555)
im currently a diploma holder working in ministry and have obtained my degree, if i apply for another degree post at ministry can i do transfer of service or need resign?, means cannott get full PB next march if i change job?

Check with your HR if can do internal transfer. Normally if you obtain a local degree, you will get promoted Quite similar with my case, I resign and rejoin a diff ministry for a higher post. For PB, definitely no useless you stay till May at your current job then resign.

Unregistered 29-11-2016 02:50 PM

ROAD Finkenweg

Anyone here in 1 or 2 year contracts with a stat board or ministry? wish to check on the type of leave entitlement that you have.

Beside the annual leave and sick leave, what other type of leave do you have?

Thanks.

Unregistered 30-11-2016 10:25 PM

Hi everyone. I'm a graduate from a private university. Can anyone please explain the pay scale for the civil service? I got a bit confused while doing my reading online.

Unregistered 04-12-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92539)
Performance bonus as well? Wonder how they calculate for PB. Thanks alot

In short, the "calculation" is your ranking among your coworkers. Darwinism concept.

Unregistered 04-12-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92684)
Hi everyone. I'm a graduate from a private university. Can anyone please explain the pay scale for the civil service? I got a bit confused while doing my reading online.

As your education is from a private university, your question is not that straight forward.

Is your degree recognised by the organisation you are applying? If not, you will unlikely to be even called up for interview. If yes, what scheme are they placing you?

Unregistered 08-12-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92760)
As your education is from a private university, your question is not that straight forward.

Is your degree recognised by the organisation you are applying? If not, you will unlikely to be even called up for interview. If yes, what scheme are they placing you?

Unless it's Ivy League or Oxbridge , it will just be treated as SIM , which will be placed on dolma scheme. Start lower on the ladder but given more years will catch up with local uni grads.

Unregistered 11-12-2016 10:02 AM

How much would a 4 year experienced staff command in ministries. Heard they start at 3.7/3.8? For Male 2nd upper hons

Unregistered 11-12-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92971)
How much would a 4 year experienced staff command in ministries. Heard they start at 3.7/3.8? For Male 2nd upper hons

Should be ard 5.8/5.9k

Unregistered 11-12-2016 12:54 PM

more like 5.2 at most