Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-07-2016 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88066)
are you fresh grad?

what class of honours?
with NS or non NS?

Nope, I have a year of working experience in audit with a mid-tier firm. Graduated from UOL-SIM with second upper. Yup with NS.

Unregistered 04-07-2016 04:15 PM

There will be an increment for all engineers right? when will the increment comes in?

Unregistered 11-07-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86989)
Thanks. Very useful info. My salary should be on the higher end of 11A range from what I have gathered here. I expect to hit the ceiling in about 2 years max. Interesting to note on the supervisory experience bit. So to move to mx10 die die must try to gain/fight for some leadership exposure?

You signed your letter of appointment already? Share with us what the HR department said about your growth trajectory leh. Did you go in as an MX11a and will move on to MX10 in two years as you projected? Afterall this forum is all about sharing. You asked so many questions and many forumers answered you. I noticed that after that, you didn't come back to update us. I have been watching this space and awaiting something from you.

Unregistered 11-07-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88365)
You signed your letter of appointment already? Share with us what the HR department said about your growth trajectory leh. Did you go in as an MX11a and will move on to MX10 in two years as you projected? Afterall this forum is all about sharing. You asked so many questions and many forumers answered you. I noticed that after that, you didn't come back to update us. I have been watching this space and awaiting something from you.

can you wait more ?

Unregistered 24-07-2016 06:00 PM

Hi anyone knows how many candidates do hr managers in stat boards/ ministries shortlist for the interview round? Like i am shortlisted but i don't know what to expect. Though this is not the thread for it, but will like to know if anyone here knows. Thanks in advance!:)

abc123userr 25-07-2016 09:55 PM

Cep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbie88 (Post 87847)
I was just being informed by my supervisor that my CEP has increased.

Can somebody enlighten me what this CEP is all about?

Thanks in advance.

are you usually informed if there's a change in your CEP?

Unregistered 26-07-2016 07:13 AM

It's supposed to be secret. But in practice, anyone in the ranking panel would know and could possibly let you know, informally.
Quote:

Originally Posted by abc123userr (Post 88830)
are you usually informed if there's a change in your CEP?

Unregistered 31-07-2016 06:58 PM

MAS job grade

Anyone know what is the progression for MAS officer? For instance, how many years to each grade promotion assuming good performance etc.

Grade 13 (Heard after one year)
Grade 12 (Heard after three years)
Grade 11 (?)
Grade 10 (?)

Above assuming fresh grad joined straight, male with NS

Unregistered 02-08-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89001)
Anyone know what is the progression for MAS officer? For instance, how many years to each grade promotion assuming good performance etc.

Grade 13 (Heard after one year)
Grade 12 (Heard after three years)
Grade 11 (?)
Grade 10 (?)

Above assuming fresh grad joined straight, male with NS

Not true for 12 -> 11. Definitely not 3 years. More like 5 years.

Unregistered 02-08-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88840)
It's supposed to be secret. But in practice, anyone in the ranking panel would know and could possibly let you know, informally.

I don't think its just anyone who performs the ranking, but only the ones who gets the final say for the ranking. In most cases this would be the department head or Director, and definitely not the Supervisors or Managers who do the first round of rankings.