Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-11-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75883)
As wat? Foreign affair officer? If so, very high starting pay. And naturally the competition will be extremely steep due to attractive remuneration.

How high is the starting pay? I'm not applying, but just curious. Does it beat other ministries? I thought all ministries would be about the same..

Unregistered 25-11-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75883)
As wat? Foreign affair officer? If so, very high starting pay. And naturally the competition will be extremely steep due to attractive remuneration.

Foreign Service Officer scheme, how difficult is the entire application process, and what about the culture and development? seriously considering to take a chance on it since its something new to me

Unregistered 25-11-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75885)
How high is the starting pay? I'm not applying, but just curious. Does it beat other ministries? I thought all ministries would be about the same..

I think ministries are all on the MX scheme but the starting pay differs within the range..i heard the best paying ministries are MTI and MOF

Unregistered 25-11-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75885)

they are not under mx scheme.

i heard their pay is better than economist service scheme... and es pays a starting pay of 4.9k for fch with ns.

Unregistered 25-11-2015 08:16 PM

Anyone know what is the salary like for a graduate from unisim and previously work with SAF as a regular joining stat board ?

Can get MX 13 not?

Unregistered 03-12-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75886)
Foreign Service Officer scheme, how difficult is the entire application process, and what about the culture and development? seriously considering to take a chance on it since its something new to me

Foreign Service scheme. The application process is fairly difficult, consisting of psychometric and essay tests, assessment centre and interviews - may take up to two to three months in total. Pay depends on your class. Culture is fast-paced, full of intelligent people, steep learning curve, good exposure and chance of working overseas, expect long working hours.

Unregistered 04-12-2015 12:10 AM

anyone knows whats mas bonus like this year? how about their payscales for mx13/mx12 (2:1 - 1:1) ?

Unregistered 07-12-2015 04:12 PM

Can a diploma holder currently working in MCI and studying part time in unisim apply for mid term scholarship?

Currently is a contract staff there...

Unregistered 13-12-2015 10:08 AM

Working at EDB and Spring Singapore

Hi,

Has anyone worked / currently working in / at EDB or Spring Singapore before?

Is the nature of the work at these two agencies very customer-centric and involve lots of marketing / business development in nature?

Thanks for your inputs!

Unregistered 13-12-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75886)

MFA is not for people who just want a "govt job". I've met many people who left MFA because they feel very "small". Everyone there is intelligent and attuned to current affairs. Culture-wise there's a lot of intellectual debates and less coffeeshop talk. So if you are not that kind you will not fit in.

Most of them also really love their job from what I observe. So they see nothing wrong with working OT till late. My DD in a GLC was from MFA. I thought he was actually really brilliant and committed in my company. But in the end he can tell me that in MFA he was the weakest and stupidest. So I imagine the calibre of FSOs to be very strong.