Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-08-2015 08:47 PM

i work at woodlands checkpoint just got in as sergant offer is $2340 becoz of my dip
my friend higher nitec get $1880 only same position same job same workload
so i think work goverment industry education make a lot of diff
want work min dip if not really not worh it like my friend do same thing but pay diffenret

Unregistered 31-08-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72142)
i work at woodlands checkpoint just got in as sergant offer is $2340 becoz of my dip
my friend higher nitec get $1880 only same position same job same workload
so i think work goverment industry education make a lot of diff
want work min dip if not really not worh it like my friend do same thing but pay diffenret

Bro, how long ICA takes to call you down for interview? Coz I applied in June, still no news from them...

OngThiamSoon 31-08-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71492)
Hard to believe la no offence, and let me tell you why:

1. If you got good hons degree, will the Customs be your top pick or even top few pic of sb or ministries to join?
2. Speaking of uniform group, does the customs comes out top in your mind? Or the big 3 of SPF, SAF and SCDF?
3. Not many people is even aware customs is under mof. Most think they are the same as ICA.
4. And I don't remember seeing them at any uni career fair or job fair I've been to. And I've seen even prisons doing active recruitment.

MOF maybe pay top dollars. They are after all a hot destination to be at. But not the customs.

Ps: I believe the customs is considered a stat board. Need someone familiar to confirm.

i confirm what u talking u is pure bullsh1t. none is factual.

Unregistered 01-09-2015 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OngThiamSoon (Post 72172)

Ong, opinions do not need to be based on facts. They can be based on experience and perceptions and therefore might not be objective or truthful.

And for the matter, I actually agree with point 1, 2 and 4. (As for no 3, honestly I thought Customs was a part of MHA.)

Unregistered 01-09-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OngThiamSoon (Post 72172)

to make a sweeping statement like dat plz enlightened us with your truth else you are to me, full of bull just like the guy you quoted leh

Unregistered 05-09-2015 11:49 AM

anyone knows the pay range for a IT Consultant/Business Analyst in IDA? what's the monthly pay like, and typical annual package?

Unregistered 06-09-2015 06:20 PM

Hi guys,

i am an overseas grad with 2.2 engineering, got offered statboard at 3.8k is that okay?

thanks

Unregistered 06-09-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72381)
Hi guys,

i am an overseas grad with 2.2 engineering, got offered statboard at 3.8k is that okay?

thanks

i think DSTA offer this amt for 2nd lower + NS, for their engineering post(fresh grad)

Unregistered 12-09-2015 11:40 AM

There's salary adjustment for newly joint civil servants.

Unregistered 13-09-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72545)
There's salary adjustment for newly joint civil servants.

What type of salary adjustment? Is it for mx13?