Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

izanotajamobu 02-07-2015 01:56 PM

Acute hepatorenal lucid elevation routine.

[url=://flagyl-online-buy.net/]Buy Flagyl Online[/ <a href="://priligy-cheapest-price-buy.org/">Dapoxetine</a> ://lasix-buy-online.net/

tehhalia 03-07-2015 03:16 PM

would like to ask about public servant bonuses, if anyone can help:

from my understanding, there are 5 types of bonuses - Annual Variable Component (AVC) Non-Pensionable Annual Component (13th Month), Special Variable Payment (SVP), Performance Bonus (PB) and Market Adjustment Component (MAC)

1) AVC - what is the average AVC public servants get? (after adding up mid-year and End-Of-Year AVC)

2) 13th Month - So far every year got this bonus? is this bonus considered a "sure-get" bonus?

3) SVP - I heard that this bonus is given out depending on how well the Singapore Economy is doing (and adjusted to your performance). Is this SVP given out every year? If not, how often were SVPs given out? biannually?

4) PB - What are the performance grades and what are the average bonuses pegged to each respective grade? Say, for a division I public servant.

5) MAC - Same question as AVP, how often were MAC given out? and how much on average for MAC if it is given out?

i am trying to estimate my annual package, would appreciate if an experienced public servant could help

TIA

Unregistered 12-07-2015 10:09 AM

MX11 at 33++ here, and I am projecting slightly more than 120K for my annual income this year. Should be quite accurate now that more than half the year is gone. Just an ordinary peasant with an average engineering degree from NUS. Am doing considerably better than my peers who become engineers, and probably on par with those who are teaching. But compared to teachers, I think there is more room for salary increment at my side. Should have the potential to tip 11K by mid to late 40s at my current rate.
Realistically, I am nowhere near doctors, lawyers and bankers but the money i am drawing is sufficient to lead a comfortable life - staying in a well-renovated HDB flat, driving a sedan and raising a small family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehhalia (Post 69378)
would like to ask about public servant bonuses, if anyone can help:

from my understanding, there are 5 types of bonuses - Annual Variable Component (AVC) Non-Pensionable Annual Component (13th Month), Special Variable Payment (SVP), Performance Bonus (PB) and Market Adjustment Component (MAC)

1) AVC - what is the average AVC public servants get? (after adding up mid-year and End-Of-Year AVC)

2) 13th Month - So far every year got this bonus? is this bonus considered a "sure-get" bonus?

3) SVP - I heard that this bonus is given out depending on how well the Singapore Economy is doing (and adjusted to your performance). Is this SVP given out every year? If not, how often were SVPs given out? biannually?

4) PB - What are the performance grades and what are the average bonuses pegged to each respective grade? Say, for a division I public servant.

5) MAC - Same question as AVP, how often were MAC given out? and how much on average for MAC if it is given out?

i am trying to estimate my annual package, would appreciate if an experienced public servant could help

TIA

Unregistered 12-07-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69818)
MX11 at 33++ here, and I am projecting slightly more than 120K for my annual income this year. Should be quite accurate now that more than half the year is gone. Just an ordinary peasant with an average engineering degree from NUS. Am doing considerably better than my peers who become engineers, and probably on par with those who are teaching. But compared to teachers, I think there is more room for salary increment at my side. Should have the potential to tip 11K by mid to late 40s at my current rate.
Realistically, I am nowhere near doctors, lawyers and bankers but the money i am drawing is sufficient to lead a comfortable life - staying in a well-renovated HDB flat, driving a sedan and raising a small family.

Are you in mx11 or mx11a?

Based on my understanding, 120k is only attainable if you are pretty near the ceiling of mx11.

Unregistered 12-07-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

wat is your basic salary now?

Unregistered 12-07-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Where part of the quote are u addressing?

Unregistered 13-07-2015 12:04 AM

Let's not dwell on the trivialities, or go through endless cycles of clarifications. Tis just for me to share my experiences with those who are interested in a civil service career. Am not trying to prove anything here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69828)
Where part of the quote are u addressing?

Unregistered 13-07-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

What does average engineering degree means? Just pass with merit?
Must you reach MX10 to get 11k salary?

Unregistered 13-07-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

I think you are doing very well, earning 120k at age 33 in the civil service, as a non-scholar. Assuming 5 months of bonus, your monthly pay should be around 7k. Just curious, at this rate of progression, why do you not think that you will hit 11k sooner, perhaps by 40? I reckon you can probably get MX10 in a couple of years. And MX9 a few years later?

Unregistered 14-07-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69857)
I think you are doing very well, earning 120k at age 33 in the civil service, as a non-scholar. Assuming 5 months of bonus, your monthly pay should be around 7k. Just curious, at this rate of progression, why do you not think that you will hit 11k sooner, perhaps by 40? I reckon you can probably get MX10 in a couple of years. And MX9 a few years later?

you believe everything people write here??? 120k pa at age 33++. yeah right. note the ++. 120k is doable for degree holder, no need to stretch. bonus is about 4 months for average grader. but the age is not 33++. more likely closer to 43.