Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 19-10-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57857)
Hello. Can i ask what is the chance of RMIT graduates with Business degree to join the Public sector? heard that it is not that likely to get in and if it does, i will most probably categorised under the diploma scheme. Anyone can advise? Thank you!

I'm not so sure about the chances. But I do see people getting shortlisted for interview for degree positions and some got even offered a job.

Unregistered 19-10-2014 02:05 PM

After, of course. Why bother to discuss old salary ranges. That's history.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57806)
Is this before or after the recent stealth revision?

Unregistered 20-10-2014 08:35 PM

if last time army i got enough clearance to apply isac card, does that mean security clearance check sure pass when applying for gahment job? or do they have difference clearance system, one for military and one for non-military?

Unregistered 21-10-2014 05:23 PM

Ava

Anybody knows how's the culture at ava like?

rollbread 21-10-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57857)
Hello. Can i ask what is the chance of RMIT graduates with Business degree to join the Public sector? heard that it is not that likely to get in and if it does, i will most probably categorised under the diploma scheme. Anyone can advise? Thank you!

If applying for ministry, higher chance that will categorised under the diploma scheme. If stat board maybe have chance to get into the degree scheme position that u applied, although I haven't heard of such cases before but doesn't mean won't happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57916)
if last time army i got enough clearance to apply isac card, does that mean security clearance check sure pass when applying for gahment job? or do they have difference clearance system, one for military and one for non-military?

No idea if both are same or similar level of clearance system but usually don't need to worry too much about it unless u have criminal record or being to jail before.

Unregistered 23-10-2014 06:47 PM

anyone can advise whether Senior Manager in sports council is MX12 or MX11?

Unregistered 26-10-2014 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57960)

depending on which group you are in. its a company that has been around even before singapore's independence...

Unregistered 26-10-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57960)

didn't have a good impression of the org ever since one time when they set me up for an interview and sent me a 'confirmation' email telling me the time/place/date and worded it as if i had spoken on the phone with them when they never called me at all in the first place.

after clarifying through email the hr person called me and sounded like a complete blur cock, and doesn't inspire confidence at all.

Unregistered 26-10-2014 07:44 PM

am a job seeker hoping to get into a ministry or sb.

what's the best time in terms of hiring prospects for getting into the civil service? heard year end is quite a bad time to be looking for a job.

Unregistered 26-10-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58146)
am a job seeker hoping to get into a ministry or sb.

what's the best time in terms of hiring prospects for getting into the civil service? heard year end is quite a bad time to be looking for a job.

well, not many would be moving on at that time, so they won't be creating vacancies. best to look out in jan and apr (but u wld need to fight with the fresh grads for the apr season).