Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 17-04-2014 03:35 PM

How long does the ministry take to inform you about the outcome after the second round of interview?

Unregistered 17-04-2014 07:18 PM

May I ask, if an offer has been made to you, how much time will they you to decide to accept the offer?

Unregistered 17-04-2014 08:49 PM

Hi...can I chk if yrs of svc plays a role to the annual merit increment? Or the MI is tagged to cep n performance?

Unregistered 18-04-2014 11:10 PM

Timescale vs. Superscale

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me on what's the difference between the two, apart from pay?

Thanks

Unregistered 20-04-2014 09:52 AM

I joined a statboard from private last year with 4 years of working experience (unrelated job scope).
The salary they gave me is 40+% higher (was severely underpaid in private) but still 20+% lower than my peers in the same statboard who join once they grad. All of us are not scholars and at most 2nd upper from the same uni same course. was told by HR those who join later will get lower as to be fair to those who join earlier. i'm ok with this reason.

i will be coming to 1 year mark soon and getting my first increment. is there a chance my pay will match my peers? if yes, how long will it take?

Unregistered 20-04-2014 06:09 PM

can someone give me a sense of no. of months of bonus in private sector vs. public sector?

It seems that public sector pays more in relation to US MNC

Unregistered 23-04-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50644)
Hi...can I chk if yrs of svc plays a role to the annual merit increment? Or the MI is tagged to cep n performance?

MI tagged to your personal performance, subject to economy perf as well

Unregistered 23-04-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 50634)
the circular is classified as restricted, not meant for sharing here

Yes, circular is restricted. For this issue, check with your HR.

Unregistered 24-04-2014 05:40 PM

What do policy roles do on a day to day basis? I am very keen to join policy roles but how active is the policy making process and is that what occupies most of the time? Please honest feedback based on experiences only. Does the whole team spend most of the time in meetings figuring out policies and do we have to author academic papers?

Unregistered 25-04-2014 10:15 PM

Policy work

oh you don't make new policy everyday. It's mostly regulatory work, and making tweaks to existing policies. You response to feedback/complains from the public as well.

Policy work involves intensive research which means scrubbing your papers/submissions through your bosses. A paper can be revised umpteen times before it can see the light of day. So you do need to enjoy writing (and re-writing). A flair for writing helps tremendously because policy work is usually very fast paced an long hours. It is likely that you work on several submissions a day. The work hours are usually long too. I work till 8 - 9 pm almost every other day.

PS: the time you get off work, depends on how fast you write, how well you write, and most importantly how fast your boss(es) approve your papers/submissions; but don't let this daunt you, if you enjoy writing/researching, you will still be happily farming in the office (unless you are a scholar).