Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 06-12-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46004)
Around 150-250

Yeah, what is the starting range for AD in MTI?

Unregistered 06-12-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46068)
You caught on fast....

Should I fall for the trick knowing that there's a trap? Anyone has experience/know people who 'underperform during secondment' before. Can share what eventually happened to these people.

Unregistered 07-12-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46071)
Yeah, what is the starting range for AD in MTI?

SGD3600 and above

Unregistered 07-12-2013 07:11 PM

Working in National Library Board ("NLB")

Good day all,

Will like to seek your advice on the following:

i) culture / prospects of working in NLB, for degree holders with a few yrs of experience;

ii) disciplines aside from Library Science, Languages, South Asian Studies that are acceptable by NLB; and

ii) the prospects of returning scholars under NLB scholarships.

Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Unregistered 09-12-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46084)
SGD3600 and above

Errr... got range or not?

100k is also above 3.6k leh...

But i thought AD should be commanding higher than that right?

Unregistered 09-12-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46135)
Errr... got range or not?

100k is also above 3.6k leh...

But i thought AD should be commanding higher than that right?

Normally you would be right. But you have to note that entry level for MTI is AD - need to look good when talking to external parties. Hence the starting pay is 3600 and abv, depending on the scheme of service. Should not go beyond 4300 in my opinion.

Unregistered 09-12-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46078)
Should I fall for the trick knowing that there's a trap? Anyone has experience/know people who 'underperform during secondment' before. Can share what eventually happened to these people.

I resigned from my SB and joined a non-parent Ministry. Didn't know there's this option of "secondment". But in my opinion, I prefer resigning and join afresh as I can negotiate my salary (as opposed to secondment where you retain current salary and benefits).

To be clear, are you nominated for secondment or did you find the non-parent ministry yourself? Nowadays HR usually use secondment as a trick to actually "deploy" problematic staff.

Unregistered 10-12-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46137)
Normally you would be right. But you have to note that entry level for MTI is AD - need to look good when talking to external parties. Hence the starting pay is 3600 and abv, depending on the scheme of service. Should not go beyond 4300 in my opinion.

Correct! It is between 3600 to 3800 sgd per month.

Unregistered 10-12-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46137)

i didn;t know that AD was the entry level for mti.

So what about snr ad? what is the range?

Unregistered 11-12-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46138)
I resigned from my SB and joined a non-parent Ministry. Didn't know there's this option of "secondment". But in my opinion, I prefer resigning and join afresh as I can negotiate my salary (as opposed to secondment where you retain current salary and benefits).

To be clear, are you nominated for secondment or did you find the non-parent ministry yourself? Nowadays HR usually use secondment as a trick to actually "deploy" problematic staff.

I found the non-parent ministry myself. Secondment is offered by the ministry not by the SB HR. My original intention was to resign from SB then join the ministry like you but din expect the ministry to offer me secondment instead. I guess this trick is still uncommon since most people I surveyed resigned from their SB job b4 joining the ministry instead of taking the secondment path.