Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-12-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45986)
Mayb you would like to tell us the position uve been offered in various ministry? And a lil bkgrd abt urself? :)

Hi,

Local grad, second upper. Fresh Grad
MTI - AD in one of the directorates
PMO - Analyst with National Security (NSCS)

Pay for both is slightly different, PMO paying more.

Personally I would prefer PMO as it sounds prestigious.

Unregistered 04-12-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45987)
Hi,

Hey, since uve an answer, why not go along with ur gut feeling? The pay in mti might b slightly lower now, but it might entail a chance of greater progression since u might haf more chance to interact with the higher mgmt? But then again, there are aplenty of scholars in mti...chances will b that the min will wan to promte them or give them higher work profile than u...I've an ex colleague who went over to nscs, he mentioned the work there is a great deal of work life balance in there.

At the end of the day, it is more of how comfy u feel towards the organisation and which jobscope u prefer. If Pmo is the one, then go for it. :) hope it helps.

Unregistered 04-12-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45987)
Hi,

Do you mind sharing what the pay is approximately like for both of them?

Unregistered 04-12-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45990)
Hey, since uve an answer, why not go along with ur gut feeling? The pay in mti might b slightly lower now, but it might entail a chance of greater progression since u might haf more chance to interact with the higher mgmt? But then again, there are aplenty of scholars in mti...chances will b that the min will wan to promte them or give them higher work profile than u...I've an ex colleague who went over to nscs, he mentioned the work there is a great deal of work life balance in there.

At the end of the day, it is more of how comfy u feel towards the organisation and which jobscope u prefer. If Pmo is the one, then go for it. :) hope it helps.

Hi, thanks for your advice. I think I prefer MTI as it might be easier to job hop to the private sector rather than PMO which will not make me marketable in the long term.

Unregistered 04-12-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45991)
Do you mind sharing what the pay is approximately like for both of them?

Around 150-250

Unregistered 05-12-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46004)
Around 150-250

Are you talking abt annually 150k-250k? And you're a fresh grad with no prior exp? Seems unlikely as that pay range is for at least DD and abv. Unless you're referring to your daily rate of 150-250.

Unregistered 05-12-2013 03:58 PM

MTI is quite siong i think

Unregistered 05-12-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46021)
Are you talking abt annually 150k-250k? And you're a fresh grad with no prior exp? Seems unlikely as that pay range is for at least DD and abv. Unless you're referring to your daily rate of 150-250.

Nah, u r mistaken. The difference in monthly income between both ministries is only 150 - 250 dollars only, not 150-250k! Lol

Unregistered 06-12-2013 12:56 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of jumping from SB to non-parent Ministry but the non-parent Ministry offer me secondment instead. Is secondment the latest trend now when jumping among the public sector? Or it simply means they don't really like me but no other suitable candidate so come out with the secondment trick first.

Unregistered 06-12-2013 01:42 PM

You caught on fast....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46050)
Hi,

I'm thinking of jumping from SB to non-parent Ministry but the non-parent Ministry offer me secondment instead. Is secondment the latest trend now when jumping among the public sector? Or it simply means they don't really like me but no other suitable candidate so come out with the secondment trick first.