Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-10-2012 06:18 PM

Some govt job postings require diploma and some require degree.. Can I infer the mx scheme from these? I.e. If a degree holder got a job that require diploma, does it mean the pay scheme is diploma track?

Sr.Scientist 07-10-2012 09:14 PM

Wonder what the starting salary of a Sr.Scientist at A* Genome Institue. I am considering to moving back to S'pore to be with my parents, I am 28 a Genome Sr.Scientist at NIH with a salary of US$13k/mth. Any infor will be appreciated.

Unregistered 07-10-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr.Scientist (Post 28814)
Wonder what the starting salary of a Sr.Scientist at A* Genome Institue. I am considering to moving back to S'pore to be with my parents, I am 28 a Genome Sr.Scientist at NIH with a salary of US$13k/mth. Any infor will be appreciated.

are you a male, if yes, when you come back for SG, you will need to continue to serve your Reservist/ICT and take annual IPPT/RT dependent on your pes status!!

Unregistered 08-10-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28811)
Some govt job postings require diploma and some require degree.. Can I infer the mx scheme from these? I.e. If a degree holder got a job that require diploma, does it mean the pay scheme is diploma track?

Diploma = TSO scheme
Degree = MSO scheme (MX)

Be advised that not all degrees will gain recognition, best to check with the company or you can state the degree you have.

Unregistered 09-10-2012 11:30 AM

Any1 here knows why is a cpib officer paid far more than mx scheme?

Unregistered 09-10-2012 07:25 PM

CPIB officers are paid higher due to the nature of their work. Plus from a HR perspective, the experience gained with CPIB might not be taken as useful experience with regard to future career progression outside of CS. Thus they are given higher salary as incentive to join and stay on.

Unregistered 10-10-2012 02:53 AM

Singapore will pay you US$20k/mth. The extra money will come from taking IPPT and RT every day. hahahahhaha. Bo liao.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr.Scientist (Post 28814)

Unregistered 10-10-2012 10:55 AM

Hi if 5 yrs experience

Hi if 5 yrs experience

wanna appply for LTA engineer post

expected 5K salary is it ok? hight not?

Unregistered 10-10-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28872)
CPIB officers are paid higher due to the nature of their work. Plus from a HR perspective, the experience gained with CPIB might not be taken as useful experience with regard to future career progression outside of CS. Thus they are given higher salary as incentive to join and stay on.

Oh..CPIB gt no useful experience?

Unregistered 10-10-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28891)
Oh..CPIB gt no useful experience?

I won't say that a career as a CPIB officer will not provide you with useful experience but prospective employers might not take it as useful/relevant for another job especially in the private sector due to the competencies gained as a CPIB officer being different in nature. However if you are moving from CPIB to another civil or public agency, they will recognize the work experience from CPIB if you are selected though they have the discretion to choose to recognize the experience in full or otherwise.