Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 21-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I might be frank: More like you can't get out yourself.
Oh we will see about that.
I am already a foreigner. Let's see who gets to get first. I know you're making a dash for the door. Don't think I don't know you want that boat.

Old 21-08-2014, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
You can argue as much as you like, but the reality is owning and living in a condo in Singapore is one of the most coveted 5Cs. Only those who can't make it will try to justify otherwise until "the cow come home".

Only 15% of Singapore residents live in condos or landed. If 5% stays in landed, then only 10% of Singapore residents live in condos. So, if you are among the 15%, you are in the top 15% of Singapore society. This is a FACT. Period.
Yeah but then you are only living this "landed" experience (and with it paying your $2.6 million MORTGAGE- see how accurate I can come up with the figure to taunt you) because you are in a stupid microstate that's not even 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% of the economy or size of my country.
I am just here to milk your microstate which is NOT even a semblance of the reality of the first world western country and then I am off. This is our suburb. ://galleryhip.com/suburb-street.html we both know yours is a tad different.

Old 21-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
What you described below in para 1 is a sure fire recipe for revolution in x generations. How many houses do you think there are in Europe that every single person can do what you said, buying a house every generation. There has to be a redistribution of wealth at some point in time, which a 99 year leasehold system does.
Why would you say that? Have you ever been anywhere outside Singapore? You ever went on "holiday" to Malaysia? The land per capita to population of anywhere vs Singapore is a million times more. Why you compare long developed and advanced country like France with big land and long time wealth with Singapore? Are you like....i don't know...dumb?

Old 21-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dives View Post
Considering the region of the world we are thick with corruption and violence I reckon this "Microstate" has done a pretty good job in creating one of world's most successful economics and took care of its people (hey least we don't owe other nations trillions of dollars). I am sure if both Malaysia and Indonesia were populated with majority white people we could all hold hands and kumbaya run across the border without so much as a police car in sight.
Are ya expecting me to sympathize with ya because you got laggards anywhere I(whether in the region or ...whatever, I shall not say "lah") dragging you down?
Quote:
I get you hate the "condo" man as much as we do, but simply slandering the people of the country you work in is just gross arrogance. We're all human and everyone wants a better life for them self be it (Singapore) HDB-> EC -> Condo -> Landed or (US) Ghetto-> Nicer Ghetto -> Suburb. Everyone is greedy, how else did the sub prime come about?
When did I ever say that people are not greedy? I was just laffin' at the kinda stuff ya people are greedy about. You have this heartlander loser crappin' about his suburban choa chu kang 99 year condo thinking he's the king of the world, talking to anybody NOT from the microstate, you don't think it's funny? LOL. Have ya been anywhere? the fact that ya are having this conversation with me tells me you have been away.
Ya know what I am talkin' about.

Quote:
BTW 80% of the 99% of people worldwide outside of this microstate would gladly come to this microstate if they had the chance.
In your fantasies. I have lived in the outside world and I am sorry, but most people in the universe have not heard of ya.

I will get my family (my dad) outta this third world smalllllll turd hole ASAP.
Old 21-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Unregistered

so sad. those who can just pack and leave their birth place just like that shows they had nothing to live for at home.
Singapore is not for everyone. Its extremely competitive and the cost of living is very high.
Natural selection is the most prominent here. Not everyone can survive.
Unfortunately for a country/entity to prosper, the weak has to be weeded out and the strong become stronger.
A century ago, our forefather left extreme impoverished conditions to arrive in Singapore to make a living through blood sweat and tears.
Fast forward a century, Singaporeans are leavving a prosperous environment to escape from blood sweat and tears to an easier life. Similar actions, different intentions.
Sad.
Old 21-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
so sad. those who can just pack and leave their birth place just like that shows they had nothing to live for at home.
Singapore is not for everyone. Its extremely competitive and the cost of living is very high.
Natural selection is the most prominent here. Not everyone can survive.
Unfortunately for a country/entity to prosper, the weak has to be weeded out and the strong become stronger.
A century ago, our forefather left extreme impoverished conditions to arrive in Singapore to make a living through blood sweat and tears.
Fast forward a century, Singaporeans are leavving a prosperous environment to escape from blood sweat and tears to an easier life. Similar actions, different intentions.
Sad.
You are not surviving. That's your ignorance speaking. You are in a matrix. You are only in this state cause your country is a microstate. You've never ever experienced grandeur, that's why you don't understand concepts such as proportions and largess. Your place that you grew up is so tiny you don't have cable that's above ground. That's how teeny you are.
You can console yourself all you want. Lol. Everybody else is just laughing their ass off. You think it's abt "everybody else" not surviving. More like you got the loser $hit luck of the draw based on where you are born. If you know anything about math and calculate, the probability of being born in a dumb ass microstate is less than 1%. Yet you got the bad luck, all of you do.

Nooooooooo matter how rich somebody is here, cause I lived everywhere, been there, done there, I know, no matter how rich, you can never have the same life as Americans and Australians. No matter how rich the richest here is, they can take vacation to enjoy the pacific coast highway if one were living in CA. EVEN the American who reside in NYC get to enjoy the hamptons. You have nothing. Lol. You don't know and you are talking out your asshole about "survival" and cannot make it because a microstate life is all you have EVER KNOWN from birth to now. Lol. It's okay. Keep believing in the illusion, otherwise how do dictators flourish? The ones who have gone away know.

Lol. Microstayer. Lol. "Ohhh you can't survive" lol.
Check out the dream life of Muricans... Pacific coast highway..the hamptons. Lol.
You need to travel out of ya microstate. And even then you need to travel far out of Asia to get away from the third world. That's why you guys like to go Aussie so much. Dun think I don't know (see I can speak broken england I don't know you too)

Old 21-08-2014, 04:11 AM
Unregistered

Cool

No matter how much $$$$$ anybody has here, none of them can replicate the exact same lifestyle of non-microstaters in western developed nations. It's simply impossible. Lol. I have pondered on this for years, I've had many rich local friends tell me they have the money and tell me I have the $$$$ to enjoy the microstate for what it is and have the $$$$ to insulate myself from the crowds and disgusting squeezing, public transport, disgusting weather, they told me to throw $$$ to the problem. So don't think I haven't thought about it. I, as a foreigner, have thought of YOUR country more and at a deeper level than you. No amount of $$$$ can replace a normal non-microstate life. Even if $$$ insulates one from some issues it doesn't insulate from all issues. You are so land scarced you don't have power cables that are above ground like in South Korea, Europe and USA!!! Oh my god.
Old 21-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Unregistered

It's so obvious that whoever who's staying are the ones who don't have the means to get out. To leave, you need to have something. Either have a work skill so sought after by the US or have one parent who's a non Singaporean.
Majority cannot leave. Don't try to bluff, I have talked to many leavers who have no parent who's a foreigner and is just desperately trying to get out on their own merit to the easier countries like Australia, NZ, Canada.
Old 21-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Haha!!! but people, please don't feed the troll. Obviously he is trying his best to be an asshole, just let him be lor! Lol!!!
Your advise is not well received, see how happy he is trolling away. There is a always a ahole born every day, why borther bro!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 21-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
48, income $160k pa. Spouse, 45, income $105k pa.
I save $50k pa. Spouse saves $30k pa.
Current spending includes groceries, condominium mortgage payments, car loan installments, related car expenses, condo fees, insurance, taxes, parents allowance, kids fees and tuition, holidays, donations, utilities, entertainment, fine dining, luxury clothes and accessories, etc.
We hope to grow our net worth to $2.5m by the time we retire at 65.
Quote:
With so high income, i am surprised you save so little. I think you should able to reach your target much earlier. I am at similar age and income range and already with net worth of 2.7M.
No, this is about right.

Some people do not have the luxury of saving a lot because of commitments. This is especially true for sandwiched group where you still have to support your parents and bring up your own children.

My wife and I earn around 250kpa but we do not save much. Perhaps between 20k and 30k pa. This is because we have to support 4 parents of ours who are semi-retired and also a child of our own. Our parents are not rich, educated and self sufficient. And they slogged to bring us up. It is only right for us to slog now to support them.

We calculated and if we do not need to support our parents like many, we should be able to save at least 100kpa.