How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1041 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 12-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Unregistered

You have a sick, black heart, filled with ENVY.

Pathetic old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From the way you keep repeating these boastful paragraphs, some readers here may be convinced that you have moved up substantially in financial success. However I have doubt about your "family". They are mentioned just to add flavour to your story.
I believe you are basically a lonely old man with no wife or any children. Therefore your "family life success/happiness" should be non existent or zero.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Young man, I am giving you good advice to work hard, save more, feeling blessed.

Learn how to appreciate and soon when you reach my age, hope that you could be better than me.

Quote:
From the way you keep repeating these boastful paragraphs, some readers here may be convinced that you have moved up substantially in financial success. However I have doubt about your "family". They are mentioned just to add flavour to your story.
I believe you are basically a lonely old man with no wife or any children. Therefore your "family life success/happiness" should be non existent or zero.

Old 13-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I'm a 21 yo Eurasian guy who just earned 1m in 50.39 seconds.

How am I doing?

Old 14-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, I'm a 21 yo Eurasian guy who just earned 1m in 50.39 seconds.

How am I doing?
Are you Singaporean and did you serve NS or not?
Old 14-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Today is a blessed day. Nice weather.

As I look out the window, I feel blessed as I can afford to enjoy the morning, lying on my bed. I recalled my earlier days as a high flying corporate executive. Those days were crazy days, rushing early in the morning, stuck in traffic, rushing from one meeting to another, flying from one city to another, rain or shine.

But it was worth it as the hard work enables me to earn a fortune. I had plenty of cash to invest. I invested by big salaries and bonuses instead of splurging on expensive cars and other wasteful things. My many years of investments paid off extremely well. I'm now happily retired, my passive income from investments easily sustains my family. They are enjoying a good life too - living in a nice condo, going overseas holidays, driven around in a car, enjoying good food at restaurants, etc.

As a multi millionaire, I'm still busy, busy managing and growing my wealth, busy pursuing the many interests I had no time for previously, busy taking good care of my family, busy spending time with my very old parents and busy volunteering at charities and non profit organisations. Life is more meaningful and fulfilling. I'm healthier and happier.

In life, you have to make tough choices. Choose the wrong career and you can be working all your life. There are people who did not enjoy a single day of retirement. They died before they retired. That's sad.

Choose the right high paying career, work hard, be the best in your field, invest well and become a multi millionaire. You can then afford to retire early and enjoy a full life.
Old 14-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Do not be fooled by this worldly existence. We all live temporary lives. Don't be obsessed with wealth, fame, status, etc. They will all go when we die. The things that we leave is our legacy - our children, our good deeds, etc.

Most of us live comfortable lives. If we are able to retire by having a paid up HDB flat, a stream of income which can feed us, then we are doing well. There is no need to amass so much wealth. We do not need to retire in a bungalow. We do not need to have a stream of income that is too much. Just enough to live modestly.

If you have a paid up home and is financially independent, then you are a success. Financial independence does not mean you must generate $10k pm of passive income. This is too much. If you can generate $4k pm for you and wife, this would be enough. You just need $3k pm for food, utilities, public transport. You can save $1k pm to take care of future inflation.

You can then pursue other things in life which are more meaningful. Do not overwork yourself and regret at your death bed. You do not need to work so hard and accumulate properties and cash to leave behind for your children. They will need to work hard for themselves and not be spoon fed. You just leave behind the house you are retiring in after both you and wife die. Give them a good education and good values. The rest is up to them. They will write their own life story.

Old 14-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you Singaporean and did you serve NS or not?
Of course i am. My NS was deferred.
Old 14-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Of course i am. My NS was deferred.
You si beh heng.

Now all the minister come out and Por lam par.

Maybe you can be exempted liao.
Old 16-08-2016, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Today is a blessed day. Nice weather.

As I look out the window, I feel blessed as I can afford to enjoy the morning, lying on my bed. I recalled my earlier days as a high flying corporate executive. Those days were crazy days, rushing early in the morning, stuck in traffic, rushing from one meeting to another, flying from one city to another, rain or shine.

But it was worth it as the hard work enables me to earn a fortune. I had plenty of cash to invest. I invested by big salaries and bonuses instead of splurging on expensive cars and other wasteful things. My many years of investments paid off extremely well. I'm now happily retired, my passive income from investments easily sustains my family. They are enjoying a good life too - living in a nice condo, going overseas holidays, driven around in a car, enjoying good food at restaurants, etc.

As a multi millionaire, I'm still busy, busy managing and growing my wealth, busy pursuing the many interests I had no time for previously, busy taking good care of my family, busy spending time with my very old parents and busy volunteering at charities and non profit organisations. Life is more meaningful and fulfilling. I'm healthier and happier.

In life, you have to make tough choices. Choose the wrong career and you can be working all your life. There are people who did not enjoy a single day of retirement. They died before they retired. That's sad.

Choose the right high paying career, work hard, be the best in your field, invest well and become a multi millionaire. You can then afford to retire early and enjoy a full life.

lai lai, come eat banana.
Old 16-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

I'm a retired millionaire who've worked very hard for many years. Long hours, frequent travels. It's good to finally stop my rat race. Made millions from my salary, bonuses and investment gains. Time to smell the roses. Also to take better care of my body. I was at a high risk of heart attacks and stroke had I continued my rat race.

Life now is so much more peaceful and serene. No more getting stuck in early morning traffic and late nights. Can spend a lot of time exercising in my condo gym and swimming pool. I can also do ad hoc projects and volunteer at charitable organisations which I choose.

Life is much more meaningful now. I've never been happier in my life. My passive income from my portfolio of investments gives me more than what my family's needs.

Choosing the right high paying career and being excellent in investments are key ingredients towards financial success and financial independence.