Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   OCBC Young Bankers Programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7898-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-young-bankers-programme.html)

Unregistered 31-10-2016 11:27 PM

I applied around end August, was invited to video interview a day later. Interviewed first round in early Oct. Gd luck

Unregistered 14-11-2016 09:18 PM

Has anyone heard back after the hr round?

Unregistered 18-11-2016 02:21 PM

Bump. Any news?

Unregistered 19-11-2016 01:21 AM

got called ytd to interview for GCB, final panel

Unregistered 25-11-2016 12:56 PM

Dane End BOULEVARD

Anyone else?

Unregistered 01-12-2016 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90791)
I am now in civil service for 1 year since graduation with 2:1 honors in business administration. If add in bonus and aws currently drawing close to 68k annual.

Thinking of leaving the ministry as the job is not my type and exploring management structured programs in the banking industry as this is my passion. Anyone can advise if the OCBC program is able to offer higher or at least the same as my current drawn?

fresh grad 1 yr experience earning close to $70k hehehe.... csb bro. time to go back cleaning tables at starbucks after logging off ok... hehehe

Unregistered 01-12-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92690)
fresh grad 1 yr experience earning close to $70k hehehe.... csb bro. time to go back cleaning tables at starbucks after logging off ok... hehehe

I'm not sure whether u are trying to troll the above poster or...

Public / civil service can easily offer 70k for a fresh grad with good grades. Some reputable stat boards are already offering 4.5-5k for their first class honors candidates. Of cause, the selection process is tough (only 1:1 or high 2:1 got shortlisted) and you need to have a decent track record of internships and CCAs. With the annual package of a typical civil servant, reaching 70k including all the bonus is not unheard of....

But these comes with all the cons of joining the public sector as a first job too...

Unregistered 02-12-2016 11:18 PM

I heard OCBC may be cutting jobs too. Anyone with inside news? I am being referred for a junior post in OCBC, but don't want to get let go after joining for a while.

Unregistered 04-12-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92696)
I'm not sure whether u are trying to troll the above poster or...

Public / civil service can easily offer 70k for a fresh grad with good grades. Some reputable stat boards are already offering 4.5-5k for their first class honors candidates. Of cause, the selection process is tough (only 1:1 or high 2:1 got shortlisted) and you need to have a decent track record of internships and CCAs. With the annual package of a typical civil servant, reaching 70k including all the bonus is not unheard of....

But these comes with all the cons of joining the public sector as a first job too...

Neither EDB nor MAS offers 4.5 - 5k for first class graduates. More like 4k.

Unregistered 04-12-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92756)
Neither EDB nor MAS offers 4.5 - 5k for first class graduates. More like 4k.

Not really sure about these but I could say for certain that it's true for agencies in the ICT sectors