Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Deloitte Consulting Business Analyst Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7244-deloitte-consulting-business-analyst-salary.html)

htiro 08-05-2016 11:30 PM

Deloitte Consulting Business Analyst Salary

Hi all,

Does anyone know the starting salary/compensation structure for a Business Analyst (entry level) in Deloitte Consulting?

I know that there are a lot of posts talking about associate salaries in the Big 4, but I can't find anything about Analyst salaries, specifically in Consulting (and not in audit/tax/financial services). Even a rough estimate will be great.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Unregistered 08-05-2016 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htiro (Post 85225)
Hi all,

Does anyone know the starting salary/compensation structure for a Business Analyst (entry level) in Deloitte Consulting?

I know that there are a lot of posts talking about associate salaries in the Big 4, but I can't find anything about Analyst salaries, specifically in Consulting (and not in audit/tax/financial services). Even a rough estimate will be great.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Big 4 entry level all around 3-3.5k

Unregistered 08-05-2016 11:46 PM

no matter which services..

the entry level pay is always around the same.

htiro 09-05-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85226)
Big 4 entry level all around 3-3.5k

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85227)
no matter which services..

the entry level pay is always around the same.

Thanks for the answers. That's quite surprising, since they require 1st class hons for Business Analysts while they generally accept lower hons for associates in their other arms. Didn't realise they were so stingy :eek:

Unregistered 09-05-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htiro (Post 85228)
Thanks for the answers. That's quite surprising, since they require 1st class hons for Business Analysts while they generally accept lower hons for associates in their other arms. Didn't realise they were so stingy :eek:

U will have more exit ops. Big 4 doesn't pay according to honours. Only civil service. Even banks don't care abt honours.

htiro 09-05-2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85229)
U will have more exit ops. Big 4 doesn't pay according to honours. Only civil service. Even banks don't care abt honours.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I understand that Big 4 doesn't pay according to hons. What I meant was that during their recruitment talk, they made it out to sound like the BA track is more "prestigious"/atas than the associate track in the non-consulting arms of Deloitte (tax, financial services etc), that's why they almost exclusively hire 1st class hons for BA and not lower hons levels. So because of this, it's shocking to see that they pay the same. I guess the impression they gave out was sort of deceiving.

Does the more exit ops include "proper" consulting firms btw? Maybe not MBB league but the league of Oliver Wyman/Accenture?

Unregistered 09-05-2016 12:21 AM

FCH your head la... you think so many first class honors to go around meh?

The people there are second upper at most, and very average joes to boot.

I know many of the big 4 consulting people and they're wannabe jokers.

htiro 09-05-2016 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85231)
FCH your head la... you think so many first class honors to go around meh?

The people there are second upper at most, and very average joes to boot.

I know many of the big 4 consulting people and they're wannabe jokers.

I went for the assessment centre yesterday. Of the 27 candidates, about 15 were FCH, and the rest 2nd upper. Then again maybe they applied for fun, and don't plan on accepting the offer

Unregistered 09-05-2016 12:28 AM

which arm does BA falls under?

Unregistered 09-05-2016 12:28 AM

Ok, you go linkedin and type "Business Analyst Deloitte" + "Singapore".

You come up with profiles like these:

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/how-ee-poon-a4514849?trk=pub-pbmap
s://sg.linkedin.com/in/malcolm-chew-59aa3930?trk=pub-pbmap

Machiam, I see 5-10 of the profiles all never list class of honors but list everything else. Now you tell me, if you score a FCH, will you put it down?

Again, I may be wrong but almost 100% of my FCH friends have it listed down on their linkedin CV. Think about it sensibly, would you take the time to annotate everything down so nicely on linkedin but conveniently leave out your FCH which is a tremendous accomplishment?