Do you have a boss like this and would you stay or quit - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Do you have a boss like this and would you stay or quit

Old 19-02-2016, 10:04 AM

Blueberry is on a distinguished road
Default Do you have a boss like this and would you stay or quit

1) My boss does not do his job and leave all thing including major things to the staff to handle and if things screw up, he blames the staff.

2) He does not give instructions to the staff and expect the staff to keep asking him for instructions. Even common sense like informing the staff what to do next also expect the staff to ask. Basically NIL instruction unless the staff ask.

3) He does not know his job as some duties is the boss's job, not the staff. His professional work ethic is questionable. And he even does not know how to advise his customers because he does not look through his customer's files and all the while only expect his staff to know 'inside-out' and to even handle customers as if they are the staff's customers not the boss.

4) Basically, what the boss is doing is expecting the staff to do everything and he only collect money from the invoices the company sent to the customers.

Will you still work for him and stay in such company ?

Old 19-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
1) My boss does not do his job and leave all thing including major things to the staff to handle and if things screw up, he blames the staff.

2) He does not give instructions to the staff and expect the staff to keep asking him for instructions. Even common sense like informing the staff what to do next also expect the staff to ask. Basically NIL instruction unless the staff ask.

3) He does not know his job as some duties is the boss's job, not the staff. His professional work ethic is questionable. And he even does not know how to advise his customers because he does not look through his customer's files and all the while only expect his staff to know 'inside-out' and to even handle customers as if they are the staff's customers not the boss.

4) Basically, what the boss is doing is expecting the staff to do everything and he only collect money from the invoices the company sent to the customers.

Will you still work for him and stay in such company ?
I quitted my job in a GLC because some of the bosses and majority of my colleagues were incompetent in knowledge and when things happened, you will see the boss start to gan-jiong and keep finding what story to make up to cover and explain to the customers instead of admitting the problem, the cycle just goes on and on. The company don't sack so they slack. Seeing how things worked, i do foresee something serious will happen some day (just a matter of time) and i do not want to be like any of them so i left as fast as i could after i found a new job.

Old 20-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

More like I am curious as to what exactly makes the staff stay..??

Old 20-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I quitted my job in a GLC because some of the bosses and majority of my colleagues were incompetent in knowledge and when things happened, you will see the boss start to gan-jiong and keep finding what story to make up to cover and explain to the customers instead of admitting the problem, the cycle just goes on and on. The company don't sack so they slack. Seeing how things worked, i do foresee something serious will happen some day (just a matter of time) and i do not want to be like any of them so i left as fast as i could after i found a new job.
the way you describe your GLC is very same as what I am working in (also GLC) now.
Old 20-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

if ur good can find job easily or rich dun need the job, then just quit. otherwise just stay. working is all about who calls the shots, not whether u should or should not quit.
Old 20-02-2016, 10:15 PM

tempuse is on a distinguished road

Rather than contemplating to quit due to your boss's neglectful behaviour, why not learn to turn things around by managing your boss and adapt to his inept?

Etg. think of ways to nudge him to be more helpful and take more initiative. Create an informal protocol in engaging him in a principled and sensitive way.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 22-02-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempuse View Post
Rather than contemplating to quit due to your boss's neglectful behaviour, why not learn to turn things around by managing your boss and adapt to his inept?

Etg. think of ways to nudge him to be more helpful and take more initiative. Create an informal protocol in engaging him in a principled and sensitive way.
You are crazy. What a dumb suggestion. Why on earth must I crack my brain to do something that is not even within my jobscope. How are you going to 'manage' your boss when he is so smart to push blame ?
Old 22-02-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
if ur good can find job easily or rich dun need the job, then just quit. otherwise just stay. working is all about who calls the shots, not whether u should or should not quit.
Stay and take up all the blames and become a scapegoat for your boss for the rest of your working life ? I believe if you were in my shoes, you would have left long time ago.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 22-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Stay and take up all the blames and become a scapegoat for your boss for the rest of your working life ? I believe if you were in my shoes, you would have left long time ago.
There is no such thing as "if you were in my shoes" in this world. Your circumstances are unique and completely different from mine, why would I want to hypothesize what I would do if I were you?

If you have the ability to just walk out, by all means go ahead and just give your boss the middle finger and tell him to get out of your elite uncaring face. If your circumstances do not permit, then LLST do your work keep your head low and pray hard it doesn't take too long to get another job.

There is only the concept of whether you can quit, no concept as whether you should quit. Having an online debate on whether you should quit or not achieves nothing other than giving you some psychological relief and short term feel good factor.
Old 22-02-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing as "if you were in my shoes" in this world. Your circumstances are unique and completely different from mine, why would I want to hypothesize what I would do if I were you?

If you have the ability to just walk out, by all means go ahead and just give your boss the middle finger and tell him to get out of your elite uncaring face. If your circumstances do not permit, then LLST do your work keep your head low and pray hard it doesn't take too long to get another job.

There is only the concept of whether you can quit, no concept as whether you should quit. Having an online debate on whether you should quit or not achieves nothing other than giving you some psychological relief and short term feel good factor.
Then you should not even reply my thread. What is the point ? Noone wants to create an online debate unless you are the one started it and ppl want to refute you. I do not need any psychological relief and short term feel good factor either as I do not camp online day and night like you.

But I guess you are the one who need the 'psychological relief and short term feel good factor'.