Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Relationship manager / Personal banker

Old 11-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At the Privilege/Priority/Premier level, depending if you jump enough or promoted internally, basic can be from 3k+ to 6k+. At this level, commission is harder to hit as target is much higher than the entry level. Some people draw their basic and not seen comms for very long.
If this is the case then some of my friends and relatives are really shameless because when I interact with them many seem to be implying that they make 200-300k annual at least. I expect a bit of exaggeration but 3-6k monthly is so far off...

Old 11-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If this is the case then some of my friends and relatives are really shameless because when I interact with them many seem to be implying that they make 200-300k annual at least. I expect a bit of exaggeration but 3-6k monthly is so far off...
See, I am in your EXACT situation. I'm thinking my friend, 3 years experience, the way she talk like she handling lots of money. I do see her go on stage to receive those star performer achievement so I know she's at least selling stuff.

But I find it very very hard to believe the stories that were told by my other friends saying she's earning 200k to 300k annual. 8k monthly after 3 years experience I can accept. 20k, I don't know what to believe. I do see her carry Chanel hand bag, but that one simply means she blow one month salary buy what. Nothing special. (Me on the other hand save for condo so don't buy big ticket fashion item)

Bear in mind that she came from a normal school, like 2nd upper NUS. We all agree she in school nothing special lei.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

These kinds of people are just BS.

What I do is I ask them to show me their payslip then they just go all quiet.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
See, I am in your EXACT situation. I'm thinking my friend, 3 years experience, the way she talk like she handling lots of money. I do see her go on stage to receive those star performer achievement so I know she's at least selling stuff.

But I find it very very hard to believe the stories that were told by my other friends saying she's earning 200k to 300k annual. 8k monthly after 3 years experience I can accept. 20k, I don't know what to believe. I do see her carry Chanel hand bag, but that one simply means she blow one month salary buy what. Nothing special. (Me on the other hand save for condo so don't buy big ticket fashion item)

Bear in mind that she came from a normal school, like 2nd upper NUS. We all agree she in school nothing special lei.
Technically she isnt lying, she does handle a lot of money. But the thing is those money are not hers!

This CNY I had a forex account transfer question I decided to ask my cousin who is a RM in Citi. The way he keeps going on about "bankers like us" do this do that etc. seems like very impressive.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but honestly when this guy keeps banker here banker there and throws out technical terms like some hot shot, I was expecting him to at least make a few hundred k. Now if poster above is correct, it seems he most likely paid 3-6k a month... WTF? This isn't even civil service standard considering his age (36yo)
Old 11-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Technically she isnt lying, she does handle a lot of money. But the thing is those money are not hers!

This CNY I had a forex account transfer question I decided to ask my cousin who is a RM in Citi. The way he keeps going on about "bankers like us" do this do that etc. seems like very impressive.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but honestly when this guy keeps banker here banker there and throws out technical terms like some hot shot, I was expecting him to at least make a few hundred k. Now if poster above is correct, it seems he most likely paid 3-6k a month... WTF? This isn't even civil service standard considering his age (36yo)
3-6k is the basic. In sales roles you usually earn more from the comms then the basic otherwise it's not called sales. The basic cannot be 10-20k then the employee has no incentive to look for customers at all.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
3-6k is the basic. In sales roles you usually earn more from the comms then the basic otherwise it's not called sales. The basic cannot be 10-20k then the employee has no incentive to look for customers at all.
but ppl here are saying on average bonus only 4-5 months. that doesnt bring total pay anywhere close to 300k.

Old 14-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

so many elite bankers here.

must be all vrooming their GTR, Ghibli, AMG, Bentley and other exotic cars down marina bay man. So envious of you all.
Old 31-07-2022, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

So I have this friend in Citibank, I heard she says her maternity payout was 4k, and back then she was about 3 years into the industry. Since that is what her maternity pays out, this is likely her BASIC salary as maternity pay from what I know does not account for commissions.

However, recently she has decoupled her name from her husband’s condo, because she claims she has earned a huge commission, enough to buy her own condo at Orchard Road.
So far we were never invited to any house warming, so we don’t know the details. But she was seen carrying more branded bags and such.

I was her church friend from some time back. She was doing quite ok back then, dressed like a normal person. Now she everytime also try and dress like super atas? Even with us, she also a bit more arrogant now and very show off with her new found wealth?

Banker commission got so high one meh? Or she did make a good comm but exaggerating?
Old 03-10-2022, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation

Please guys. If you ever join citigold as a RM, please DO NOT join the team of a manager named Simon Lim. This guy is a nightmare! No EQ and is totally a disrespectful and unprofessional prick. Join him at your own risk.

The way he behaves is totally unprofessional. How can a manager disallow their sales staff to join morning briefing because the manager is unhappy and don't want to see the staff? Totally don't make sense totally unprofessional. Even shouted and staffs in office. Totally unacceptable behaviour. Plus, the way he behaves and talks is of someone with totally no EQ and no empathy for people.

Please avoid this manager's team at all cost!
Old 03-10-2022, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Please guys. If you ever join citigold as a RM, please DO NOT join the team of a manager named Simon Lim. This guy is a nightmare! No EQ and is totally a disrespectful and unprofessional prick. Join him at your own risk.

The way he behaves is totally unprofessional. How can a manager disallow their sales staff to join morning briefing because the manager is unhappy and don't want to see the staff? Totally don't make sense totally unprofessional. Even shouted and staffs in office. Totally unacceptable behaviour. Plus, the way he behaves and talks is of someone with totally no EQ and no empathy for people.

Please avoid this manager's team at all cost!
I will refer Ramesh to his team for better team results