Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Im worried of a scam company

Old 15-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsy View Post
hi all i knew 100k wasnt a lot but me without experience etc they didnt offer me any junior position instead offer me 100k for me to play around ..

if i knew more about trading etc i wont be hear posting anw-to those haters.
just a kid trying to break in to the trading industry no much good advice anw other than much flaming...
You were given plenty of good advice, i.e. get real and go find a proper normal job. You just refuse to get that into your head and keep using lame excuses like you are just a young kid who is inexperienced and willing to be only a "junior" trader.

Seriously what do you know about trading or even financial industry in general? You are so slow & ignorant to the point that you have to come here asking for confirmation on a 101% obvious in your face scam shop and somehow someone somewhere is supposed to offer you a "junior" job that is one of the highest paying and most sought after in the finance industry?

Old 16-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi all i knew 100k wasnt a lot but me without experience etc they didnt offer me any junior position instead offer me 100k for me to play around ..

just a kid trying to break in to the trading industry no much good advice anw other than much flaming...
Look, I think you need to get the idea of being 'taught' or 'given the chance' to trade out of your head. Like I said before, getting into the circle requires a bit of luck of being in the right place at the right time or meeting the right people. If that's not meant to be, then it's not meant to be. It's not like school, where if you study hard enough, you can make the grade. If that's how you envision the business to be, please stop and go do something else now. The defeat will be crushing if you persist.

That said, you can actually learn to trade on your own, just that it is much harder and risks (and therefore school fees) are higher. In any case, you better start getting used to the risk of the unknown as you are going to live it every day as a trader. How does one learn anything? Find out as much as you can about it, then experiment and hope you don't blow yourself up lor. No such thing as bao jiak in trading.

Old 16-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

No free lunch in this world. The so-called 'haters' and 'flaming' here does not cost you any money but your 'trading company' will suck the diaper out of you. Please listen to those ppl who are in this industry.

Old 27-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Beachyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must remember the rule of the working world: Employee should never be made to pay to get a job, if you find yourself having to pay to get into a job, something is seriously wrong about the 'job'.

I guess you are being psycho to deposit about $3,000 to 'start off' ? Then when you can't get back the $3,000, they will tell you the market is bad can't help it and they are not responsible for your loss, etc ?

Many years ago when I was jobless and young, I went to a few such similar companies and their way of cheating are the same. Luckily I was not cheated as I ran away as soon as I smelt something fishy. It is so surprising to me that such companies are still around.
I would like to spin it, that some financial job will required you to deposit Money.
Like Remisier, you need to have S$30k before you can be a Stock Broker, that fund is to protect company from their customer's overloss due to mismanagement on Risk Exposure.

Of course, other than the Legal and regulated Remisier, the rest will be clearly a Scam, or the Boss is Nut, too much money to spend..
Old 27-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Hey man I suggest you read some books or watch tutorials regarding trading.I remember the time my friends in camp were playing around with currency exchange and I thought I download a forex app and play around with fake money to get used to the idea of trading commodities and currency.Just 2 days after joining i had a loss of 3k and then soon one guy calls me up from UK and tries to persuade me into investing real money.Its not a scam but the fact he was asking me to invest in spite knowing I was on a loss was pissing off.
Old 30-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

First of all i would like to say that i am from LGC Capital, the so called scam company in this thread. Was directed here by one of the guys i was interviewing who mentioned that there was bad rep on the web.

To the guy who started this thread, Mr Snoopsy, it doesnt give you credit that you label us as a scam even though you did not complete the whole interview process. You went thru the first round, and were contacted to have a second interview which was also the same time 'you smelt something fishy'. If you have that good a nose you should have joined the police K9 unit perhaps.

Anyways let me shed some light on the situation overall, instead of just hammering away at Mr snoopsy.

lets start with a few guiding questions
1) if you dont have amazing grades with a bloody good finance degree, do you think you can get a job as a trader in good firms
2) if you dont have good friends who are already in the trading industry who are willing to rope you in, are your chances high that you will break into that industry

Probably not

but lets say you are really really determined to become a trader, like i was, without the luxury of the perks of the previous 2 questions, then what. the question has to be what the f**k do i gotta do to get in.

if you are older than 25 with no trading experience whatsoever, and want to become a junior trader or just an analyst at top trading firms/banks, perhaps citi, BOA, Vitol, merrill, forget it. its easier to become a serial murderer and not get caught i guarantee u.

All the big boys like them young, because they come young and dumb and HUNGRY. highly trainable and willing to slog it out and grind it out. Trader burnout rates at top firms are 3-5 years generally fyi.

Anyways long story short, i applied for every small and mid tier trading house, prop trading firm out there. but with no experience,no one was willing to give me a shot. until LGC came along. when thru 3 round of interviews, not 1 mr snoopsy, got real professional training and learnt to trade from experienced traders. sure i had to put out some money to start, but that is for the training and admin fees, and also to ensure that you have skin in the game. dumb cunts will blow the account when they feel its not their money anyways, and we bear the risk when you trade with our money so we gotta protect ourselves.

in a nutshell, who out there is willing to train you to become a trader for free? most, and i mean most singaporeans lack balls lets face it, and want to be in their comfort zone but earn big bucks, keep dreaming my friend. no one is going to offer you a 10k job without you working for it.

end of the day, once i was trained and making money, i now have the option to jump ship to bigger trading firms with my track record, but have chosen to stay with LGC because they gave me that opportunity to change my life and im grateful for it.

So you wankers who have not gone thru the process and wanna flame LGC, i thank you for it, because there will always be those who say the high grapes are the most sour.

for those aspiring traders, my advise is to trade on your own and if you can establish a good 6 month record then try to apply for a trading firm. im happy to help just leave a msg and i'll check when im free as a way of paying it forward. i know how hard it is to break into the industry, but keep the faith and never give up, thats a true trader's edge.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
First of all i would like to say that i am from LGC Capital, the so called scam company in this thread. Was directed here by one of the guys i was interviewing who mentioned that there was bad rep on the web.

To the guy who started this thread, Mr Snoopsy, it doesnt give you credit that you label us as a scam even though you did not complete the whole interview process. You went thru the first round, and were contacted to have a second interview which was also the same time 'you smelt something fishy'. If you have that good a nose you should have joined the police K9 unit perhaps.

Anyways let me shed some light on the situation overall, instead of just hammering away at Mr snoopsy.

lets start with a few guiding questions
1) if you dont have amazing grades with a bloody good finance degree, do you think you can get a job as a trader in good firms
2) if you dont have good friends who are already in the trading industry who are willing to rope you in, are your chances high that you will break into that industry

Probably not

but lets say you are really really determined to become a trader, like i was, without the luxury of the perks of the previous 2 questions, then what. the question has to be what the f**k do i gotta do to get in.

if you are older than 25 with no trading experience whatsoever, and want to become a junior trader or just an analyst at top trading firms/banks, perhaps citi, BOA, Vitol, merrill, forget it. its easier to become a serial murderer and not get caught i guarantee u.

All the big boys like them young, because they come young and dumb and HUNGRY. highly trainable and willing to slog it out and grind it out. Trader burnout rates at top firms are 3-5 years generally fyi.

Anyways long story short, i applied for every small and mid tier trading house, prop trading firm out there. but with no experience,no one was willing to give me a shot. until LGC came along. when thru 3 round of interviews, not 1 mr snoopsy, got real professional training and learnt to trade from experienced traders. sure i had to put out some money to start, but that is for the training and admin fees, and also to ensure that you have skin in the game. dumb cunts will blow the account when they feel its not their money anyways, and we bear the risk when you trade with our money so we gotta protect ourselves.

in a nutshell, who out there is willing to train you to become a trader for free? most, and i mean most singaporeans lack balls lets face it, and want to be in their comfort zone but earn big bucks, keep dreaming my friend. no one is going to offer you a 10k job without you working for it.

end of the day, once i was trained and making money, i now have the option to jump ship to bigger trading firms with my track record, but have chosen to stay with LGC because they gave me that opportunity to change my life and im grateful for it.

So you wankers who have not gone thru the process and wanna flame LGC, i thank you for it, because there will always be those who say the high grapes are the most sour.

for those aspiring traders, my advise is to trade on your own and if you can establish a good 6 month record then try to apply for a trading firm. im happy to help just leave a msg and i'll check when im free as a way of paying it forward. i know how hard it is to break into the industry, but keep the faith and never give up, thats a true trader's edge.
Big words from someone anonymous. While we are all blowing smoke, I'm a big shot tader that thinks your scam company is a scam. Lol.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

lols did u start as a big shot?
and no big shot says they are a big shot bro...
besides i never promised that aspiring traders will make it big, it all depends on their attitude and aptitude. all i said was that i would be happy to help if people needed any to pay it forward which is more than what ure doing.

leave your email or hp and ill leave mine no probs mate
Old 09-12-2015, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
besides i never promised that aspiring traders will make it big, it all depends on their attitude and aptitude. all i said was that i would be happy to help if people needed any to pay it forward which is more than what ure doing.

All you have done so far is drive people with an asshole complex to your employer. If you took some time to think about it, probably best to have just shut up.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

hi bro, I'm interested in joining your co, you can contact me at [email protected] .

As for the rest shooting him down, at least he is trying to do some good, which is more than I can say for most of the people here.