Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

job advice needed for fresh grad

Old 19-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Verified Member

kairi9q is on a distinguished road
Default job advice needed for fresh grad

I have been working for a period of time before i finish my degree, recently i joined back to the previous company i have worked before, just that this time is a perm role...
For the past few weeks i have been complaining non stop.

I understand that nobody likes to work but i really dislike the role i am in...everyday reading authorities guidelines, policy etc then to write report...i never like reading....i just feel so frustrated with it...

Its good that it broaden my knowledge but i somehow just dun like what i am doing..honestly speaking i dont even know what i like as well...

Old 19-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi9q View Post
I have been working for a period of time before i finish my degree, recently i joined back to the previous company i have worked before, just that this time is a perm role...

I understand that nobody likes to work but i really dislike the role i am in...everyday reading authorities guidelines, policy etc then to write report...i never like reading....i just feel so frustrated with it...

Its good that it broaden my knowledge but i somehow just dun like what i am doing..honestly speaking i dont even know what i like as well...
nobody likes work - who does? for many, work is just to collect a salary. only the smart ones develop business ideas and act on it.

Old 19-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Step 1: I know that it's difficult, but try to stop complaining and adopt a positive attitude. Know that you're fortunate to have a job.
Step 2: Assess whether you can really not stay in your role over the long term. If you can't, I don't recommend you staying over there as it is for your entire career.
Step 3: Look around for other options within your company. Look at your predecessors: Did they move around to other roles after a period of time? Can you envision yourself being in those roles? If yes, try to network with them and ask them.
Step 4: Look at the other internal postings within your company. Network around and try to get to your desired position.
Step 5: Look at other companies. Talk with recruiters. Actively search for jobs you potentially have interest in and apply for them.

In essence, you must know that:
- Most jobs are mundane, especially at the beginning
- It is a BAD idea to quit without a job; the psychological stress and perception (by HRs) can be damaging
- You are in control of your own career. If you really hate your job, I don't recommend you staying for the long term. It leads to poor attitude, bad reviews and you may eventually get fired.
- Try to stop complaining. People are more willing to help others that have a positive attitude.

Old 19-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

just leave and look for another job if it is giving you so much grief..
Old 19-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Well why did you join back the previous company? You would have know the roles and responsibilities of your current job, but you went ahead to secure a perm position. If financial security is the issue here, buck up. More often than not, most people work to survive. Even I do.

Alternatively, you could source for a new job to your inkling while you still have one. Provides working experience, money, and time for you to think through.
Old 19-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Be a man

Suck it up

And soldier on!

Old 22-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I hate my ****ing job. What should I go?
Been at it for 3 months. Feel very toxic and unhealthy for my mental health.
The environment is dirty. The room for progress is nil. People come and go every month. People go on medical leave very Friday. Mc rate is very high. Long hours to work. Compulsory overtime.

Since the time I am here, every week for people go on medical leave, every other week people resigning.

Can you imagine working in this kind of environment?
Old 10-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hate my ****ing job. What should I go?
Been at it for 3 months. Feel very toxic and unhealthy for my mental health.
The environment is dirty. The room for progress is nil. People come and go every month. People go on medical leave very Friday. Mc rate is very high. Long hours to work. Compulsory overtime.

Since the time I am here, every week for people go on medical leave, every other week people resigning.

Can you imagine working in this kind of environment?
IKR.. i always ponder how do people get rich.. and when will it be my turn
Old 10-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

yours is likely a part time degree. you are not a proper degree holder, pls don't ask for the sky.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

If you are a woman, maybe you would want to doll up n get a rich husband. The maintenance fee is a lifetime payment, better than investment. But if you are a man, don‘t be lazy don't complain, move your butt and get to work. Ask yourself, who would want to work if they have enough to spent. If you are still single, better get a job you like rather than drag yourself day after day. Life is short, don't let yourself drown in regret next time you retire.