Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Business Analystics Graduate Immersion Programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5159-dbs-business-analystics-graduate-immersion-programme.html)

ash23 02-04-2015 01:17 PM

DBS Business Analystics Graduate Immersion Programme

Hi all!

I am wondering if anyone has applied to, gone through the selection process or is currently in this program. I have applied to this. It seems to be an interesting programme but not much information on it is available. It would be great if you guys can share some details of this programme.

Has anything applied to the program this year?

Cheers!

Unregistered 02-04-2015 03:08 PM

Just another fancy marketing name for entry level analyst hire. The only real program that makes a difference in pay & promotion is MAP, the rest are just variations put up by different departments that want to hire fresh grads or execs.

Unregistered 02-04-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64886)
Just another fancy marketing name for entry level analyst hire. The only real program that makes a difference in pay & promotion is MAP, the rest are just variations put up by different departments that want to hire fresh grads or execs.

Since you are able to lump them together, im sure you are very familiar with the nature of 2 types of positions. Can you share what are the difference and similarity between biz analytics and entry level analyst, especially in terms of job scope and the skills required?

ash23 02-04-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64891)
Since you are able to lump them together, im sure you are very familiar with the nature of 2 types of positions. Can you share what are the difference and similarity between biz analytics and entry level analyst, especially in terms of job scope and the skills required?

Yes could you please share some information? And also is it as difficult as the Graduate Associate Program to get into this program?

Unregistered 02-04-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64891)

business analyst is a specific analyst role. you will be dealing with numbers the whole day. running excel spreadsheets.

analyst is a general name for entry-level role. from admin work to research to marketing. next grade is called associate.

pay wise both sounds the same depending on experience.

Unregistered 02-04-2015 10:52 PM

i dont think it is just running excel spreadsheet... how do u do text analytics on excel? I guess the major tool will be SAS.

Anyway, ash23, may I know wat is your educational background? what major are you from?

ash23 02-04-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64906)
i dont think it is just running excel spreadsheet... how do u do text analytics on excel? I guess the major tool will be SAS.

Anyway, ash23, may I know wat is your educational background? what major are you from?

I am an Information Systems major from NUS. Currently in my final semester. How about you?

Unregistered 03-04-2015 09:48 AM

This is definitely not a MAP fast track program. Rule of thumb for the banking industry: the sexier the name, the more unsexy it is in real. All proper bank wide graduate programs are simply labelled Graduate or Management Associate Program. The rest are all individual department invented schemes that are decent, but just ordinary freshie hires.

Unregistered 03-04-2015 11:04 AM

Yes, we know that it is NOT a MAP. That's pretty clear from the webpage too, so, there is no need to reiterate. But the world is not divided into 'MAP' and 'others'.

For the majority of us who are not interested or not able to get into MAP, this does not mean we do not have the right to have preference for the job scope or position. Just because we are not in a fast track program, does not mean we sld just get any jobs that are available even though they are all 'just ordinary freshie hires'.

So, does anyone here has anything to share about the program other then reiterating that it is NOT a MAP?

ash23 03-04-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64927)
Yes, we know that it is NOT a MAP. That's pretty clear from the webpage too, so, there is no need to reiterate. But the world is not divided into 'MAP' and 'others'.

For the majority of us who are not interested or not able to get into MAP, this does not mean we do not have the right to have preference for the job scope or position. Just because we are not in a fast track program, does not mean we sld just get any jobs that are available even though they are all 'just ordinary freshie hires'.

So, does anyone here has anything to share about the program other then reiterating that it is NOT a MAP?

I agree. The fact that fact that we have applied or are interested in this program shows that we are aware that this program in MAP. Hence, I would like to know more about the Business analytics program itself in terms of job scope, selection process, prospects after the program and things. Really appreciate if someone can provide an insight.