Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Civil Service Year End Bonus.

Old 13-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CS year end bonus nothing to shout about. Embarrassed even to talk about with my friends in private sector
Must give context. If you compare with banking, oil & gas industry etc., yah maybe CS bonus is nothing to shout about.

But CS separates its bonus over the course of the year, i.e. PB in April, Mid Year Bonus, and Year End Bonus. Overall, just an average performer can get about 3.5-4 months, while good performers can even exceed 6 months (all inclusive of 1 month AWS). While again, nothing to shout about, it is still very decent. Private includes SMEs, where some don't even give bonus to begin with. In fact, even some of the big MNCs do not give out much bonus.

I'm not in CS, but honestly I don't it's at the point of being embarrassed to talk about with your friends..

Old 13-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned

temp111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
so kan cheong for wat... when it comes it comes... u hearsay liao so wat? if too low u wan go on strike meh?
Fark lah. Just ask cannot meh.

U got prob???

Old 13-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Beepork

Firdaus getting angry already. Still try to bluff people working in SME hahaha.

Old 13-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Banned

temp111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepork View Post
Firdaus getting angry already. Still try to bluff people working in SME hahaha.
??? U got the wrong person sorry.

i not in cs anyway. Asking for my fren
Old 14-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
Fark lah. Just ask cannot meh.

U got prob???
no. ur retardation is not my prob.
Old 14-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Must give context. If you compare with banking, oil & gas industry etc., yah maybe CS bonus is nothing to shout about.

But CS separates its bonus over the course of the year, i.e. PB in April, Mid Year Bonus, and Year End Bonus. Overall, just an average performer can get about 3.5-4 months, while good performers can even exceed 6 months (all inclusive of 1 month AWS). While again, nothing to shout about, it is still very decent. Private includes SMEs, where some don't even give bonus to begin with. In fact, even some of the big MNCs do not give out much bonus.

I'm not in CS, but honestly I don't it's at the point of being embarrassed to talk about with your friends..
Agree. CS is not bad, every year average bonus is about 2-3 mths excluding AWS which is fairly decent by market standards.

Banking good bonuses are only to the FO/MO, which is like maybe 20% of the whole bank population. Majority of the BO/Branch Ops guys get only 1-2 mths and don't even get AWS.

Oil & gas is as usual filty rich with cash like nobody's business, any industry in public or private sector compared to them will look embarrassing anyway.

Old 14-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

You guys really know to take things out of context.

The starting thread was on year end bonus for CS. And my answer was that the year end bonus is nothing to shout about. Typically it includes the 13th bonus and a quarter month more.

You guys then added / expanded topic to the whole year bonus and spiced it up with your off-target arguments.

Hope you guys are not working in the CS. Cannot read questions properly and anyhow hantam answers. If you guys are in CS, I can understand why public unhappy with CS answers to their questions.

Quote:
Agree. CS is not bad, every year average bonus is about 2-3 mths excluding AWS which is fairly decent by market standards.

Banking good bonuses are only to the FO/MO, which is like maybe 20% of the whole bank population. Majority of the BO/Branch Ops guys get only 1-2 mths and don't even get AWS.

Oil & gas is as usual filty rich with cash like nobody's business, any industry in public or private sector compared to them will look embarrassing anyway.
Old 14-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

The starting thread was on year end bonus for CS. And my answer was that the year end bonus is nothing to shout about. Typically it includes the 13th bonus and a quarter month more.

You guys then added / expanded topic to the whole year bonus and spiced it up with your off-target arguments.

Hope you guys are not working in the CS. Cannot read questions properly and anyhow hantam answers. If you guys are in CS, I can understand why public unhappy with CS answers to their questions.
Firstly, CS year end bonus excluding 1 month AWS was 1.1 month in 2013, meaning a total of 2.1 months. So I don't know where you get you AWS plus a quarter month more.

Secondly, if you want to narrow down to just "year end" bonus, many private companies only give AWS at the end of the year, and other variable bonuses are given at the end of fiscal year in March or April. So if that's the case, CS actually has a lot to shout about come end of the year compared to some private companies.

And hence, why in this case when I mention context, it's because it's pointless if you only compare year end without looking at the bigger picture.

Are you sure you are working in CS? Because I think if so you've just proved your own statement to be true.
Old 14-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

The starting thread was on year end bonus for CS. And my answer was that the year end bonus is nothing to shout about.
Nice try. You did not just stop at "nothing to shout about". In fact earlier you expilictly said "embarrassed even to talk about with my friends in private sector".

There is a big difference between what you are trying to downplay now with your earlier bombastic statement. People are now calling you out and asking you what exactly is so embarassing about talking to people from private sector on what is otherwise a reasonable bonus if you look at it holistitcally.

Instead of substantiating your arugments with solid market observations, you try to subtly downplay what you said earlier by claiming that it was only nothing to shout about. Nothing to shout about, everyone agrees, but enlighten us now, why exactly should we be embarrassed in front of our friends about civil service bonus be it 1 particular payout or 1 calendar cycle payout?
Old 14-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Nice try. You did not just stop at "nothing to shout about". In fact earlier you expilictly said "embarrassed even to talk about with my friends in private sector".

There is a big difference between what you are trying to downplay now with your earlier bombastic statement. People are now calling you out and asking you what exactly is so embarassing about talking to people from private sector on what is otherwise a reasonable bonus if you look at it holistitcally.

Instead of substantiating your arugments with solid market observations, you try to subtly downplay what you said earlier by claiming that it was only nothing to shout about. Nothing to shout about, everyone agrees, but enlighten us now, why exactly should we be embarrassed in front of our friends about civil service bonus be it 1 particular payout or 1 calendar cycle payout?
At the end of the day, got bonus can already.