Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

KPMG or PWC?

Old 24-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
but is it worth to wait till certain period before working for them as compare to another big 4 which can start immediately
ey? D: D: D:

Old 25-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think PWC has a very well designed career movement and growth path. Employees at all levels get a chance to enhance their skills, etc.
yea rite. so skill enhancement and growth path until every year suffer 25-30% attrition in PWC

Old 25-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Is it true that some men behave like a whore while looking for a job?

This friend of mine was working with Deloitte for 6k. He applied to KPMG and got an offer for 6.5k. He told KPMG "I got a counteroffer for 6.8k. Can you match that?" KPMG came back with 7100. He now turns to Deloitte and says "can you match this offer of 7.5k from KPMG?" (look at the nerves of this liar). Of course, Delotte offered him 7.8k. He told KPMG to fly kite and is doing the same work in Deloitte that he was doing all along, but instead of 6k is drawing 7.8k. KPMG has threatened to blacklist him. He is not worried.

My (guy) friends say that he is smart. My (lady) friends say that he is whorish.

Who is right?
7.8k is Mgr level in big4? It is only possible if he is already assuming managerial duties but drawing a senior associate pay (6k). The stupid ones are his friends for believing him, since he is already called a liar by his friends.

Old 25-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
But is it worth to wait till certain period before working for them as compare to another big 4 which can start immediately
what's the rush? the average singaporean works until 60, no big deal waiting a few months for a job which is a better fit with your career aspirations isn't it?
Old 27-10-2014, 04:21 PM
George

Quote:
yea rite. so skill enhancement and growth path until every year suffer 25-30% attrition in PWC
Get your facts right. Not even McDonald's suffers such massive attrition. At 25-30% pa, almost the entire company will turn around in 3-4 years. I know of many folks who have been their for ages. Besides, many who quit return soon as nothing beats PWC in terms of work-life balance.
Old 27-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Get your facts right. Not even McDonald's suffers such massive attrition. At 25-30% pa, almost the entire company will turn around in 3-4 years. I know of many folks who have been their for ages. Besides, many who quit return soon as nothing beats PWC in terms of work-life balance.
Are you joking? Some McDonald's outlets suffer >100% attrition rates. Yes that means in some outlets, can change employees 2-3 times in just 1 year for the same job. I used to work in KFC for 9 months and the average life span of an employee there is 9 - 18 mths. You clearly know nothing about retail sector attrition and trying to talk nonsense.

A minority of jobs in PWC might have work-life balance, but seriously "nothing beats PWC in terms of work-life balance"? First time I heard PWC was ranked #1 in the whole world for work life balance.

Spouting nonsense like this might appear to you like just a harmless prank, but there are some impressionable just graduate never work before students here who are looking for their first job. You could mislead them in making important career decisions.

Old 27-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you joking? Some McDonald's outlets suffer >100% attrition rates. Yes that means in some outlets, can change employees 2-3 times in just 1 year for the same job. I used to work in KFC for 9 months and the average life span of an employee there is 9 - 18 mths. You clearly know nothing about retail sector attrition and trying to talk nonsense.

A minority of jobs in PWC might have work-life balance, but seriously "nothing beats PWC in terms of work-life balance"? First time I heard PWC was ranked #1 in the whole world for work life balance.

Spouting nonsense like this might appear to you like just a harmless prank, but there are some impressionable just graduate never work before students here who are looking for their first job. You could mislead them in making important career decisions.
So why does PWC had this attrition rate? Company not doing well or people cant take it?
Old 31-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Big4Guy

Default Which one did you choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostburn View Post
So if I a job is lower pay and start immediately as compare to higher pay but start after few months, which would you chose, supposedly the pay difference is not big.

For the nature of work, IT assurance / audit and Security, KPMG is the largest amongst the Big4. PWC has a slightly different structure. The dept you're joining is more towards risk mgmt and internal audit/assurance type of work.

If you were to join the financial audit team, PWC is the best, largest.Tax, probably Deloitte / PWC. If you're doing IT related assruance work or IT related management consulting work, KPMG and Deloitte are clear leaders in this field.

If i were you I would go for KPMG at this stage in your life. Pay is not usually something to look at when you join a Big4.

Why i know this? I'm working at Deloitte. Previously from PWC.
Old 31-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
So why does PWC had this attrition rate? Company not doing well or people cant take it?
It is not unique to PWC. Finance industry generally has higher than normal attrition due to high stress and long working hours.

Also it is the culture especially among the junior workers to chalk up 1-2 years exp then try to look for openings in the market to get a salary increase.

All the big 4 are also around like that and some banks are even worse in terms of attrition.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Joji

Default how many rounds of interview in KPMG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostburn View Post
Hi everyone, need some quick advice. Got offers from both PWC and KPMG.

For KMPG, I get an offer for Management Consulting (IT Assurance & Security) while PwC, I recieve Risk assurance.

Just to check, as a IT graduate, which one should I chose? I am in dilemma between this 2 and really need some help here.

Thanks
Hi,
I had 3 rounds of interviews with partners/directors (1 hr +30 Min + 1 hr). Thereafter almost 6-7 rounds of telephonic interviews with HR - how much is your current salary, bonus, medical, dental, performance based, shift allowance, etc. Every discussion lasts 20-30 minutes. I have spent more time discussing with HR my benefits which I am keen to leave behind than I have spent with partners discussing what value I can bring to this company.

Is this the standard way of recruitment in such companies?