Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Credit Suisse's Compliance Professional Practicum (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3928-credit-suisses-compliance-professional-practicum.html)

Fantasista 02-05-2014 10:38 AM

Credit Suisse's Compliance Professional Practicum

Hi guys, can any one who have relevant information about this program, share with us here? I wish to understand better.

1)What is the recruitment process? One interview with a panel of managers or more than one?

2)How long it took for them to first contact you about the interview?

3)How much did they offer?

4)How was the working life as a candidate of CPP?

Unregistered 03-05-2014 09:31 PM

2 rounds of interview. Research on field of study thoroughly . You will be asked on that.

Pay is not bad

Got invited for interview in about 2 weeks after I submitted my cv.

If I remember correctly it is a 2 year program like many banking programs there is a bond

Didn't accept the job though as I was offered a better position at another bank.

Fantasista 03-05-2014 10:33 PM

I see. Thanks for sharing!

Both interviews had a panel of interviewers?

Do you mind elaborate more about what they asked?

How much was it back then?

Really appreciated your sharing!

Unregistered 04-05-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51093)
2 rounds of interview. Research on field of study thoroughly . You will be asked on that.

Pay is not bad

Got invited for interview in about 2 weeks after I submitted my cv.

If I remember correctly it is a 2 year program like many banking programs there is a bond

Didn't accept the job though as I was offered a better position at another bank.

May I know what is the pay offered?

If I am not wrong for most bank program I don't think there is any bond involved. This one probably has because it includes the certification + dip in compliance.

Unregistered 04-05-2014 03:09 PM

I went for the interview last year as such there may be changes to how the interview is conducted. Anyway, for the first round i was interviewed by the person in charge of the compliance academy. The second round is a panel interview with the head of compliance. Pay wise is more than 3k < 4k. You will receive a call follow by an email if u got selected for the first round.

The bond in banking programs is to ensure that resources are not wasted and to deter those who are not committed. Note that a lot of time and money are vested in these trainees. If there is one without a bond, most likely the program is going to be Chui..LOL..

Unregistered 04-05-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51114)
I went for the interview last year as such there may be changes to how the interview is conducted. Anyway, for the first round i was interviewed by the person in charge of the compliance academy. The second round is a panel interview with the head of compliance. Pay wise is more than 3k < 4k. You will receive a call follow by an email if u got selected for the first round.

The bond in banking programs is to ensure that resources are not wasted and to deter those who are not committed. Note that a lot of time and money are vested in these trainees. If there is one without a bond, most likely the program is going to be Chui..LOL..

Most major overseas and local banks MA programs do not have any bond involved. The fact that they are prestigious programs are enough in itself. Leaving the program would be a bigger loss for the candidate than for the bank so they are not really afraid of losing any of their candidate. Unless of course banks' MA programs are considered chui also.

Pay seems competitive enough though, especially as a stepping board for fresh graduate aiming to get into a compliance role. Most starting compliance pay is lower than that.

Unregistered 04-05-2014 03:43 PM

How to apply? I tried to find but cannot find the opportunity on their career website

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 12-06-2014 03:40 PM

I applied and got in for the interviews as well. The programme was pretty standard; slightly more than 3k a month, with no bonus and no increments for 2 years. In that 2 years, you will be studying and working at the same time, taking the exams and passing them. You will also be rotated around the different divisions every 4 months or so to complete projects, for the different heads to assess your performance. I was told that there's no bond at all, but there's also no guaranteed job upon finishing the programme; it'll depend on your performance throughout the 2 years to see if Credit Suisse will take you in.

I didn't take up the offer in the end as I was employed with better salary and benefits. Plus there was no job security in the end. That was in 2012 though, not so sure about now.

Suiki 19-06-2014 04:18 PM

may i know what kind of question is asked during the panel interview?

Unregistered 27-06-2014 03:34 PM

First round interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suiki (Post 52545)
may i know what kind of question is asked during the panel interview?

Hi there,

Did you get into the first round? How was it?