Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ICA (under Home Affairs) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2147-ica-under-home-affairs.html)

temp111 18-08-2012 02:35 PM

ICA (under Home Affairs)

Anybody here care to share the life of an ICA Senior Officer?
After getting my part time degree in UniSim, I'm planning to apply for that position.
Anybody care to share or advice on the career progression and pay or even the job nature?
Thanks in advance!!

Unregistered 18-08-2012 03:32 PM

realistically, you should be applying for ICA Junior Officer. They may not recognise SIM/MDIS/Auston/PSB etc....

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 27619)
Anybody here care to share the life of an ICA Senior Officer?
After getting my part time degree in UniSim, I'm planning to apply for that position.
Anybody care to share or advice on the career progression and pay or even the job nature?
Thanks in advance!!

Unregistered 18-08-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27622)
realistically, you should be applying for ICA Junior Officer. They may not recognise SIM/MDIS/Auston/PSB etc....

what is the point for applying for a poly position whereas you got a degree....

Unregistered 18-08-2012 04:58 PM

because the government do not recognise the SIM degree. That is why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27625)
what is the point for applying for a poly position whereas you got a degree....

Unregistered 18-08-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27626)

if got private degree like SIM, dun work for government job, go private sector better

temp111 18-08-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27626)

Pardon me if I'm wrong, I have some friends who are UniSim degree holders who are in Senior Uniform Positions.

Unregistered 19-08-2012 03:13 PM

Can try. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
Unless there are strong recommendations, it is difficult to join the public sector with an external degree or distance learning degree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 27630)
Pardon me if I'm wrong, I have some friends who are UniSim degree holders who are in Senior Uniform Positions.

Unregistered 19-08-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 27630)

usually they are promoted from junior to senior position after getting their deg, but if u want to enter as a senior position with non-local uni degree, it will be very hard, unless perhaps u did very very well for ur NS.

temp111 20-08-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27642)
usually they are promoted from junior to senior position after getting their deg, but if u want to enter as a senior position with non-local uni degree, it will be very hard, unless perhaps u did very very well for ur NS.

Yes. He did his part time degree in UniSim while working full time for the civil service in one of the home team agency in a civilian position. After graduating with a degree, he applied for the senior uniform officer.

haiz2006 21-08-2012 09:16 PM

CPIB IO or ICA Senior OFFICER?