Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 28-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyone knows if mindef will process your application if you reapply within a year?

i applied in march and passed the test but failed the interview. want to reapply in august to try again... anyone knows if they will reject my application of what?

tia
Im not too sure but u can email the HR personnel to clarify, they r v fast and efficient in their replies, and they answer all queries, even for candidates who are not selected.

My situation is slightly similar. After psychometric test, I received an email stating that I am not further shortlisted for an interview but they have assessed my application to be favourable n would like to retain me in their system. I was also told to email them if I find any suitable post or they will contact me if there are any suitable post. To me, I thought it was a very polite way of saying they are rejecting me cuz u didnt do good enough.

Nonetheless, I scrolled through the list and reapply another role which I have relevant experience. I emailed HR to ask if I need to reapply but was told that I only need to email them my interested post. I did both anyway. Within 3 days, I was asked to go down for an interview and subsequently unit preview. Was even offered a senior executive post, so I think if u make it thru the psychometric test, u shld be qualify, u probably need to apply another role which u r more confident of getting. Suggest u email and apply online. Mindef HR are the nicest people around, so dont be afraid to email them to seek clarification.

Old 28-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Question How to contact the HR?

Quote:
Im not too sure but u can email the HR personnel to clarify, they r v fast and efficient in their replies, and they answer all queries, even for candidates who are not selected.

My situation is slightly similar. After psychometric test, I received an email stating that I am not further shortlisted for an interview but they have assessed my application to be favourable n would like to retain me in their system. I was also told to email them if I find any suitable post or they will contact me if there are any suitable post. To me, I thought it was a very polite way of saying they are rejecting me cuz u didnt do good enough.

Nonetheless, I scrolled through the list and reapply another role which I have relevant experience. I emailed HR to ask if I need to reapply but was told that I only need to email them my interested post. I did both anyway. Within 3 days, I was asked to go down for an interview and subsequently unit preview. Was even offered a senior executive post, so I think if u make it thru the psychometric test, u shld be qualify, u probably need to apply another role which u r more confident of getting. Suggest u email and apply online. Mindef HR are the nicest people around, so dont be afraid to email them to seek clarification.
Hi,

I applied IT positions, those which they stated "Fresh Graduate" are welcome and did Psychometric Test in July 2013.

However, I received email stating that I was not further shortlisted for interview.

I have less than 1 year of working experience.

I am still interested in joining them but I wonder what is the email to contact the HR?

Is it the email address which they asked me to schedule for the psychometric test?

I will be very thankful if you could advice me.

Thank you very much!

Old 29-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Default comprehends rectssu

Quote:
Hi,

I applied IT positions, those which they stated "Fresh Graduate" are welcome and did Psychometric Test in July 2013.

However, I received email stating that I was not further shortlisted for interview.

I am still interested in joining them but I wonder what is the email to contact the HR?

Is it the email address which they asked me to schedule for the psychometric test?

Thank you very much!
you can drop them your questions at the website's career section, there's a page to contact them. They will get back to you pretty quickly.

Old 29-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi, has anyone who took the psychometric test this July received any call or email from the hr dept? I took the test around mid July but have yet to receive any reply from them. I wanted to ask the hr dept but was advised not to do so by the test administrator, and instead to wait for the call from them if I was shortlisted. Wondering if anyone knows how long does it take for them to reply after taking the test?

Thanks!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 29-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you very much!
Did they say they will retain u in their system for future references on other suitable posts? If yes, they would have included an email add in the email itself for u to seek clarification. Otherwise, it maybbe becuz the psychometric tests u did deemed u unsuitable for the job, and u have a window period of one year before u can be considered for future application. That's what I gathered fron other forumers and readings.

Dont despair, u can actually google for the HR email address/number but wouldn't suggest u call becuz they r v busy and it's kinda bothering to keep getting phone queries. U can try emailing them or posting a queston via their website, they reply fast.

Dont worry abt not being called up.. I waited for 3 weeks before they got back to me on an interview date...

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 29-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Unit Preview

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can share some information on how a unit preview will be like? Like what do we have to prepare for a unit preview?

Old 29-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Smile Reply from HR

Quote:
Hi, has anyone who took the psychometric test this July received any call or email from the hr dept? I took the test around mid July but have yet to receive any reply from them. I wanted to ask the hr dept but was advised not to do so by the test administrator, and instead to wait for the call from them if I was shortlisted. Wondering if anyone knows how long does it take for them to reply after taking the test?

Thanks!
Hi,

I did the psychometric test on July 2013 too. I received rejection email for my application second week after I took the test. If you did not receive any email, means good news. Because no news = good news! All the best!
Old 29-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Application Result

Quote:
Did they say they will retain u in their system for future references on other suitable posts? If yes, they would have included an email add in the email itself for u to seek clarification. Otherwise, it maybbe becuz the psychometric tests u did deemed u unsuitable for the job, and u have a window period of one year before u can be considered for future application. That's what I gathered fron other forumers and readings.

Dont despair, u can actually google for the HR email address/number but wouldn't suggest u call becuz they r v busy and it's kinda bothering to keep getting phone queries. U can try emailing them or posting a queston via their website, they reply fast.

Dont worry abt not being called up.. I waited for 3 weeks before they got back to me on an interview date...
Hi,

Thanks for the sharing!

The email they wrote to me only say, "Thank you for your interest in joining MINDEF. We have gone through your application and regret to inform you that you have not been further shortlisted. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours."

So I think they never keep my record for future position.
Old 29-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Default to

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

For my case I feel that my newer application might not even be processed cos I didnt pass the final interview round. Like from their point of view why would they want me when I didnt pass the final round might as well see id the first timers can do well...

Quote:

Old 30-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

If u have made it through to the interview, it generally means u have the potential to be a dxo. If u didnt get thru the interview, it probably means that the position u have applied have more suitable candidates and u can apply for other posts which u r more confident of getting. It doesnt mean that u can get thru the interview means that u r not gd enuff, sometimes it may be that the position u applied have overwhelming no of candidates n there r better candidates than u.

Unit review is the final round of interview. For me, there were 4 of us and only 1 got thru. It was an interview with all the commanders of the unit to decide on a common candidate to pick. Basically they would aldy have a rough idea on who they were going to pick during 2nd interview and so they will round up the best few to attend a las round of interview with other commanders and see who they were gonna pick. Before I went to the unit preview, the dxos, secretary and commanders actually aldy discussed abt me. I was rather funny during my second interview. So look out for cues and clues and u will def know if they wan u during the unit preview. Honestly, b forthcoming and polite. Try to be witty and funny...

After unit preview u will receive email/calls on e day itself in ur preference for the post (I.e navy, army or airforce) and within a week they will call u to see if u r keen on e unit u choose. No calls= no offers. Security clearance is a month....