Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 16-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there any maximum rank a DXO EA can achieved? Any assistant executive can share their story here?

And for salary, it's fixed right? As in they got their own calculation?? The one u input doesn't matter right? It's more of a check for reasonableness?
Max is DX7. Can cross to DX8 if situation allows.

salary is fixed for fresh grads. can put 1 dollar. for mid career entry, they will consider your relevant experience. if they deem you as suitable and good fit, they might offer you your desired salary, based on your past salary of course.

im a DXO though.

Old 16-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeitwithapinchofsalt View Post
Define what is attractive to you. Both have very different career routes.

DXO EA can rise through ranks and files to assume bigger appointments. While in the past, it was uncommon for DXEAs to rise to DX9 & above, it is getting more commonplace now. I have a colleague who was a DXEA and is now on a DX9-11 job band. Which means, she through her merits, can rise to DX11 in this appointment.

Also, DXO scheme does not differentiate between DXO (Officers) and DXEA (Non-officer) now. Everyone is on the same scheme, to accentuate the above point where deserving individuals, no matter where their entry point (diploma, A-levels, bachelor's degree) is can be rewarded by taking on bigger appointments.
well, thats not what he was asking. but thanks for sharing.

To clarify, DXEA is up till DX7 only. DX8 and above are considered officers. And yes, you are right, now they do not differentiate the scheme now and is based on ones ability, they can climb, slowly but steady.

SAF officers and DXO officers have very different route. DXO are empowered to choose their career paths, meaning you can choose to apply another job within MINDEF that is not relevant to you current job, subjected to interview like normal applicants. but of course you have a slight advantage. SAF officers have less choice, they are trained in a vocation and probably will stay within that community for long. and depending on MINDEF's vacancy, they can post you out to other vocations too if they need someone to fill that hole.

posting is determined by higher management and you cant say no, cause you are wearing a uniform. DXO however can say no(but of course does not reflect well on you and affect your performance grading). Some of the near retired personnel does give the management such problems and they cant do anything about it.

Old 17-12-2016, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello there again. I dont know who else to talk to here, but i finally received a reply from them asking for the various educational and personal documents to be emailed to them.. I did apply with 1 Executive and 2 other Assistant Executive position. Since im not receiving invite for pt test instead, I guess im sort of on the waiting list for the Assistant Executive position, at least im being shortlisted though its still at an early stage, and i might not make it ultimately still, but still it really makes my day haha.. at least my waiting hadnt been in vain =D
I have received an email stating that I was shortlisted and asked for me to send the scanned documents over. After this, do we have to wait long for the test invitation? It has been 2 weeks since I sent them and I'm kinda anxious

Old 17-12-2016, 05:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Kind people please help to answer my questions if you know the answers

I am currently a combat vocation staff sergeant in the army with 6years and 8months experience.
I am a local diploma holder.

Thinking of changing my work environment and also to have a better work life balance thus thinking of going into DXO scheme.
There are some queries on my mind and i hope i can get some answers from the kind souls here.

1) Is the working hours for dxo very long and exhausting? Or is it like 8 to 5 and can have time for family?

2) Will they be doing salary matching with my current salary? If there is a paycut, how much will it be roughly?

3) Will my experience of an army regular be an advantage to enter into dxo?

I know these are very technical questions that i should actually ask their HR, but i would like to get some sensing of answers from here first.

If no answers but personal opinions are also welcome to share!

Thanks guys!
Old 17-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
I am currently a combat vocation staff sergeant in the army with 6years and 8months experience.
I am a local diploma holder.

Thinking of changing my work environment and also to have a better work life balance thus thinking of going into DXO scheme.
There are some queries on my mind and i hope i can get some answers from the kind souls here.

1) Is the working hours for dxo very long and exhausting? Or is it like 8 to 5 and can have time for family?

2) Will they be doing salary matching with my current salary? If there is a paycut, how much will it be roughly?

3) Will my experience of an army regular be an advantage to enter into dxo?

I know these are very technical questions that i should actually ask their HR, but i would like to get some sensing of answers from here first.

If no answers but personal opinions are also welcome to share!

Thanks guys!
actually, since you are in the service, im surprised that you do not know that dxo's working hours. typically one day minimally need to work 8.5hrs. 8am to 530pm etc. working longer than that depends on yourself. if i have not enough time to finish an important task, i may stay till 7/8 or come back during weekends. though its not compulsory, its a self responsibility kind of thing. but thats another issue...

Typically, for DXO and uniformed doing the same job, the salary difference is 20-30% as far as i can tell. IF what you do now is relevant to the post you are applying as a DXO, you may get less reduction. but i doubt so since you are in combat.

Yes, you may have the advantage of knowing the organisation well and know what are the internal policies. but other than that, if you are not applying for relevant job to your current job, then only slight advantage in terms of knowledge. no favoritism if thats what you are asking. although knowing someone inside the unit you are applying for helps. but you still will go through the whole selection process normally with interview etc.
Old 18-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Max is DX7. Can cross to DX8 if situation allows.

salary is fixed for fresh grads. can put 1 dollar. for mid career entry, they will consider your relevant experience. if they deem you as suitable and good fit, they might offer you your desired salary, based on your past salary of course.

im a DXO though.
I see.. fair enough i suppose.. Thank you

Old 18-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I have received an email stating that I was shortlisted and asked for me to send the scanned documents over. After this, do we have to wait long for the test invitation? It has been 2 weeks since I sent them and I'm kinda anxious
U apply for Executive Assistant role too??

Just wait, they will get back to you eventually haha, i guess the waiting time can really varies depending on the peak period for application, vacancies and stuff.. if u think its taking too long, u can email them and check on the status
Old 23-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi All

Just a quick sharing. Just done with PT today!

Verbal reasoning was tough for me and only managed to completed abt 30 and could not finished all 60qns.

Part 2 was much easier but only can complete abt 40plus out of 60 qns.

I guess it pretty gg for me! Good luck for the rest!
Old 25-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

applied on 13 dec but still no email regarding booking of PT test till now. Is it common?

I understand that this is holiday period, and many staff are on leave.
Old 26-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Default confirmation email

Hello everyone! I just applied for a job at DXO. May I know if there will be a confirmation email sent to my email or do I have to wait for them to email me? Thanks!