Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary Increment Rate (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1700-salary-increment-rate.html)

uturn 03-02-2012 12:59 AM

Salary Increment Rate

is it normal to ask for 20% increment when jumping ship and when there is no change in designation and job scope?

What is usual range to ask for?

Unregistered 03-02-2012 09:59 AM

It really depends on what is your current wage versus the market wage. what level you are moving at. what job scope. what industry you are in.

You should speak with a headhunter who knows the market and he will give you a more accurate picture than what people who don't know your background can give you.

If it helps, I got +20% 6 months ago when I changed job. But there was a change in job scope and my new role is more demanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uturn (Post 20332)
is it normal to ask for 20% increment when jumping ship and when there is no change in designation and job scope?

we20f 03-02-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uturn (Post 20332)

20% is the normal range when jumping ship, but if your current pay is very low can ask for more.

Must be careful of recruiters because sometimes they will try and undercut you by telling you industry norm is 10% - 15% because they are very scared that the deal falls through they can't get commission.

I got this recruiter before who I ask for 25% because the new company benefit a little lower try to bullsh!t me to accepting just 15%. I kept insisting no 25% no join and in the end got the offer.

After I join I check with my boss and realise the recuiter actually didn't even communicate my 25% request and instead put in 15% because the 25% exceed the company budget slightly and she was scared the company will reject outright, so she was trying to play both sides by lowering my expectation and force fit into what she thinks the client is prepared to pay.

Unregistered 04-02-2012 12:13 PM

syrup thersss

i was lucky to get 100% increase when i changed job recently. Job scope is wider though, with more regional travel required. Diff industry as well. All depends on your specialization & skills...

Unregistered 04-02-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20380)
i was lucky to get 100% increase when i changed job recently. Job scope is wider though, with more regional travel required. Diff industry as well. All depends on your specialization & skills...

I was even more lucky to get 200% increase when i changed job recently. Job scope is even wider, with even more regional travel required. Also Diff industry as well.

Unregistered 04-02-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20384)
I was even more lucky to get 200% increase when i changed job recently. Job scope is even wider, with even more regional travel required. Also Diff industry as well.

care to share your designation & industry?

Unregistered 04-02-2012 09:24 PM

I received more than 20% increment, not for changing job but staying in the same job with a promotion in grade.

Some of you may not believe but this is one of the strategies by companies to retain key personnel when they know that the industry is doing well and looking for people to fill key positions.

Therefore, you need not change jobs to get more than 20% increment - just make sure you make yourself valuable to the company.

Qaz 05-02-2012 12:41 AM

has anyone received an annual increment recently excluding promotions / job change? how many % did u get?

Unregistered 05-02-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qaz (Post 20398)
has anyone received an annual increment recently excluding promotions / job change? how many % did u get?

500%. there you have it. it's just a number. did it make you any happier?

Bean 05-02-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20393)
I received more than 20% increment, not for changing job but staying in the same job with a promotion in grade.

Some of you may not believe but this is one of the strategies by companies to retain key personnel when they know that the industry is doing well and looking for people to fill key positions.

Therefore, you need not change jobs to get more than 20% increment - just make sure you make yourself valuable to the company.

you from what company or what industry?

I working in GLC as engineer

My company give only between 4-6% for promotion from engineer to senior engineer, from senior engineer to assistant principal engineer...and there of....

4-6% at their pay grade is addition of abt ~130-180 only...

alot of turnover.

Even one of my friend, consider a high flyer, estimate only getting abt $4700 basic after 6 years exp(with 3 promotion included)....very low indeed:mad::mad: his starting pay is 2.9k in 2007 jul