Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Working in a bank

Old 23-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL. Get your people to check? You work in the FO? What's your LinkedIn? Bbg id? I suppose you must have nothing to hide right? Oh you are not willing to share your identity TOO? That's the problem with sore losers like you who live each day contradicting yourself. You are probably a jobless cunt. go cry to your mama.
I don't have to prove anything because I didn't come in with wild less assertions. Unlike you, people from IVY league and top schools work in FO so it's no surprise. Again, I have yet to see sim loser in MO, the same goes for many of the posters in this thread--> so why don't you reveal what dept? Don't hide behind your BS lei.

Hahahaha why would anyone be sore when compared to an SIM loser!!! Hahahaha

Old 24-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't have to prove anything because I didn't come in with wild less assertions. Unlike you, people from IVY league and top schools work in FO so it's no surprise. Again, I have yet to see sim loser in MO, the same goes for many of the posters in this thread--> so why don't you reveal what dept? Don't hide behind your BS lei.

Hahahaha why would anyone be sore when compared to an SIM loser!!! Hahahaha
I second this. For clarity, I was the one that was questioning the 70k take home with 20-30k bonus, you sounded like him.

No offense to any of the BAML boys here, but I find it hilarious that he refers to BAML as a BB. I've been in JPM and GS, and I struggle to think of BAML in the same bracket.

As for pay, it does not really matter whether you are from SIM, whether you earn 60k or 600k. Your responses just show your pathetic character, poor self-esteem and need for validation. Grow up little boy.

Old 24-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I second this. For clarity, I was the one that was questioning the 70k take home with 20-30k bonus, you sounded like him.

No offense to any of the BAML boys here, but I find it hilarious that he refers to BAML as a BB. I've been in JPM and GS, and I struggle to think of BAML in the same bracket.

As for pay, it does not really matter whether you are from SIM, whether you earn 60k or 600k. Your responses just show your pathetic character, poor self-esteem and need for validation. Grow up little boy.
You say you've been in JPM and GS and then say you find it hilarious that BAML is referred as BB. Please get your facts straight first. BAML is BB.

s://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulge_bracket

You know next time a finance professional hear you say BAML is not in BB, and then he knows you are in JPM and GS, he'll wonder why employees from those companies can even get this wrong. Lol.

Old 24-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You say you've been in JPM and GS and then say you find it hilarious that BAML is referred as BB. Please get your facts straight first. BAML is BB.

s://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulge_bracket

You know next time a finance professional hear you say BAML is not in BB, and then he knows you are in JPM and GS, he'll wonder why employees from those companies can even get this wrong. Lol.
Did I specifically say that BAML is not part of the supposed 'bulge bracket'? I obviously meant that as a inside reference... the big boys do not consider BAML as a similarly equipped player in this space.

Try hard much?
Old 24-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Did I specifically say that BAML is not part of the supposed 'bulge bracket'? I obviously meant that as a inside reference... the big boys do not consider BAML as a similarly equipped player in this space.

Try hard much?
i was from Merrill and the only people that thought we are on the same footing as JPMorgan and goldman sach... the fresh grads. any experienced banking professional also knows the difference.
Old 24-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Try hard much?
I don't need to try again. You pretty much implicated yourself. Lol. See below.

Quote:
No offense to any of the BAML boys here, but I find it hilarious that he refers to BAML as a BB.
I know you didn't explicitly say BAML was not BB. That you said you found it hilarious that someone referred BAML as BB pretty much means you also find everyone in the US who says BAML is a BB hilarious. I think the smarter thing to do was to just avoid any BAML and BB.

Quote:
i was from Merrill and the only people that thought we are on the same footing as JPMorgan and goldman sach... the fresh grads. any experienced banking professional also knows the difference.
And regardless what I said above, I actually do know Merrill is in BB but isn't at JPM and GS level. I'm just careful to discuss level or work at banks and not their leveling. I'll be the very first person to tell you that Cornell and Brown are Ivy league but not in the same level as Harvard.

You can't fight labels. You can right quality of work.

Old 24-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

I'm a manufacturing planner in Exxon. My basic is 98k per annum excluding car allowance. Last draw bonus was 11 months. I am in the HR round with Barclays. Does anyone knows how much a director in trade control dept gets paid?
Old 24-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't need to try again. You pretty much implicated yourself. Lol. See below.

I know you didn't explicitly say BAML was not BB. That you said you found it hilarious that someone referred BAML as BB pretty much means you also find everyone in the US who says BAML is a BB hilarious. I think the smarter thing to do was to just avoid any BAML and BB.

And regardless what I said above, I actually do know Merrill is in BB but isn't at JPM and GS level. I'm just careful to discuss level or work at banks and not their leveling. I'll be the very first person to tell you that Cornell and Brown are Ivy league but not in the same level as Harvard.

You can't fight labels. You can right quality of work.
To put it very simply for you (I think it's only fair, given your standards), is Giordano a brand? Yes, it is. Can someone wearing their clothes, label himself as wearing 'branded' clothes? Technically, there is nothing wrong with doing that. But to people decked out in Brioni, when that particular person goes around proclaiming his 'branded' clothes... it's laughable. Actually no, it's just sad and shows the lack of depth.

I hope for your sake, as a freshee with only a year of experience, learn your role. Which is to shut your mouth when you are out of your depth.

I'm done here, good luck bud.
Old 24-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

The best thing is that this SIM clown still yaya papaya and thinks people are jealous of him and his supposed MO role! More likely, people are incredulous that MO would need SIM.

Again, no offense to SIM, if it's true.. Fine. But if it's not, I hate it when people make up stories to brag and show off.
Old 24-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
To put it very simply for you (I think it's only fair, given your standards), is Giordano a brand? Yes, it is. Can someone wearing their clothes, label himself as wearing 'branded' clothes? Technically, there is nothing wrong with doing that. But to people decked out in Brioni, when that particular person goes around proclaiming his 'branded' clothes... it's laughable. Actually no, it's just sad and shows the lack of depth.

I hope for your sake, as a freshee with only a year of experience, learn your role. Which is to shut your mouth when you are out of your depth.

I'm done here, good luck bud.
Lol, you really like to assume too much. So again to be fair, I'll accept your criticism as most Singaporeans in this forum like to assume that everyone they're talking to is a level below them. No problem really.

I'm not a freshie. I have more than year of experience. And I'm the guy who called out another guy who mentioned the downfall of IBs and got a educated and respected reply. So believe me, apart from my childish comments, I believe I should be given a chance to speak. Maybe you are from JPM and GS and they have taught you to be elitist. Maybe ... And nothing wrong with that. That's how it works.

Oh, yeah. And just to let you know that Brioni used to be the pinnacle of Men's fashion until recently where they're diversify to other demographic because they're losing ground to the likes of Kiton and Isaia. I saw their wool / silk jackets for S$6,000 a pop but only know around S$3,000 goes to quality, another S$3,000 goes to branding. I make enough a month to buy Brioni suit but I know it isn't a smartest of decisions while a good Corneliani that fits works wonders.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.