Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1218-civil-service-current-estimated-potential-cep.html)

Shizuka Arakawa 30-01-2011 02:37 PM

Civil Service Current Estimated Potential (CEP)

Hi all,

Does anyone know how the CEP in the civil service is calculated? I am currently feeling discouraged now, because I got 9 points for O levels, 6 As for A levels and only a 2nd lower for uni. So is my CEP based just on 2nd lower? Does my previous good result for O and A levels taken into account of? Thanks,

Unregistered 01-02-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizuka Arakawa (Post 9193)
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the CEP in the civil service is calculated? I am currently feeling discouraged now, because I got 9 points for O levels, 6 As for A levels and only a 2nd lower for uni. So is my CEP based just on 2nd lower? Does my previous good result for O and A levels taken into account of? Thanks,

which uni and course u grad?

Shizuka Arakawa 01-02-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9226)
which uni and course u grad?

Hi,

I grad from NUS econs..

So is the CEP based on my 2nd lower only? Is my relatively good o and a levels "overlooked"? Thanks.

Unregistered 01-02-2011 10:17 AM

if you are ambitious you should join the private sector. to be a high earner in civil service, you need to be a scholar. and even scholars have different classes.

Unregistered 05-02-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizuka Arakawa (Post 9227)
Hi,

I grad from NUS econs..

So is the CEP based on my 2nd lower only? Is my relatively good o and a levels "overlooked"? Thanks.

CEP is revised every yr during appraisal.

your supervisor need to give a short write-up on why he give u a certain CEP on the form.
of cos if u dint do anything significantly diff from last yr,likely the CEP will remain unchanged.

Unregistered 12-02-2011 06:34 PM

Just curious, what is CEP used for?

blackswan 13-02-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9523)
Just curious, what is CEP used for?

CEP is the highest appointment u can achieve at age 50.
so if u hit your CEP of say dy director at 45 ... u will get stuck at dy director forever...

Just Want To Know 13-02-2011 06:40 PM

CEP is base on ur "performance"

If your boss always consult you or ask you for help or work.

your CEP UP. gg.

laguna 14-02-2011 09:50 AM

dun like the game of CEP
very bias,
if ur boss likes u, ask u to do lot of presentation to the big bosses, then ur CEP will be higher. However, if u answer questions wrongly, that is
if ur a scholar, then different scale.

Unregistered 14-02-2011 11:16 AM

CEP is based on your potential, hence its term "Current Estimated POTENTIAL".

You may perform very well in your job, but if your CEP is low, you're not going to get promoted any time soon. This is something I don't understand. How is potential assessed if not through one's performance?