Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

newbirdinsg 19-01-2011 12:25 AM

NCS (SingTel subsidiary)

hi all,

I'm currently work as Unix Technical Consultant in US MNC located at Malaysia and earning RM5k per month.

in past few weeks ago, i saw a job in sg. the pay range is SGD3.5k-5k
i applied the job with expected salary SGD5k. They came back to me says their client is NCS. also, they told me this is a direct contract job with NCS and asked me what is my minimum expected salary.

i wonder how much they can pay for UNIX position ?
anyone know about this?

Unregistered 19-01-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbirdinsg (Post 8890)
hi all,

I'm currently work as Unix Technical Consultant in US MNC located at Malaysia and earning RM5k per month.

i applied the job with expected salary SGD5k. They came back to me says their client is NCS. also, they told me this is a direct contract job with NCS and asked me what is my minimum expected salary.

anyone know about this?

Unix skills are rare nowadays. Ask for at least 5k sgd, which is what you stated as expected salary.

IT guy 19-01-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbirdinsg (Post 8890)
hi all,

anyone know about this?

Depending on your experience with UNIX and what is the scope in NCS. Does your new job involves in basic administrating of UNIX (AIX/Solaris/HP-UX)? Or need extensive scripting knowledge and SAN storage experience?

Unregistered 19-01-2011 11:18 AM

It's quite difficult for foreigners to seek employment in Singapore recently. Most of the job applications are opened mainly to Singaporeans and PRs.

Unregistered 19-01-2011 08:34 PM

sorry to tell u, NCS is a low-budget company. Everyone thinks they are underpaid there.

2ndly, the reason why sg companies will hire u or foreigners is because you are cheap to hire.

3rdly, the job ad u saw is probably posted by some ad agency, using high celerys to attract job seekers like u. The actual renumeration is given by NCS hr side, who will try their best to bargin to as low as possible on your celery.

if u r really interested in cuming to sg, set a realistic pay for yourself and the hr.

Unregistered 19-01-2011 09:41 PM

Never listen to the naysayers. Singapore is a goldmine for foreigners. The government has made clear that distinction between citizens and foreigners will be wider. That means foreigners are really making a big bundle here. The citizens are daft and can't reproduce themselves enough. Foreigners are badly needed to help boost the economy. And GDP growth is the number 1 obsession of the political leaders here.

Unregistered 21-01-2011 10:33 AM

Gold mine indeed!

and a harem too...in fact foreigners will be doing the government a favor by inseminating the local women and boost the population, since the local men seem to be incapable of doing so.

Unregistered 28-01-2011 06:40 PM

how was the working environment & turnover rate

i have been contacted by EPS as well for some other positions which is also servicing NCS...i was told that the maximum budget was around SGD5k with no contractual bonus..Worst part is that the agency would want me to travel to Singapore for F-2-F interview if being shortlisted but I have to cover my own expenses...I was wondering, shall i give it a try..my current earning in Malaysia was RM 6.5k

Unregistered 28-01-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9174)
i have been contacted by EPS as well for some other positions which is also servicing NCS...i was told that the maximum budget was around SGD5k with no contractual bonus..Worst part is that the agency would want me to travel to Singapore for F-2-F interview if being shortlisted but I have to cover my own expenses...I was wondering, shall i give it a try..my current earning in Malaysia was RM 6.5k

You should give it a try. If you wanna save on costs, take an overnight coach here and take a coach back immediately after the interview.

Unregistered 28-01-2011 07:09 PM

Please check with them if you are based at NCS hub at Ang Mo Kio or outsourced somewhere. Outsourced by NCS can be quite terrible.