Compliance vs External Audit - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compliance vs External Audit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
pico112 is on a distinguished road
Default Compliance vs External Audit

Hi,i would like to know which field has more opportunity for growth in terms of pay and long term career prospects? For example compliance in a bank vs external audit (mid tier/ big 4 firm).

Also, is it possible to go from compliance to external audit?

thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Also depends on which part of compliance doesn't it? There are many functions within compliance itself.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico112 View Post
Hi,i would like to know which field has more opportunity for growth in terms of pay and long term career prospects? For example compliance in a bank vs external audit (mid tier/ big 4 firm).

Also, is it possible to go from compliance to external audit?

thanks.
Generally speaking:

Fresh Grad
Bank Compliance 2-4k, average hours (6-7pm)
Audit ~3k, **** hours (11pm-2am kinda ****)

Short term (~5 years)
Compliance 6-12k (depending on what area of compliance/bank/market), average hours, limited exit options (usually between banks or MNC)
Audit ~5-7k (depending if you missed any promo), still **** hours, better exit opportunities into bank compliance or many other areas (finance, fp&a...non-banking)

Mid term (~8-10 years)
Compliance 8-15k (less stability here) average hours, even more limited exit options
Audit ~10-15k (assuming not yet partner) average hours, also many exit options (however not having commercial experience can be a bane here)

Long term (15-20 years)
Compliance 0-20+k (some out of job, some senior managers)
Audit 15-30k (senior director/partnership)

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2018, 01:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default New Futura

Singapore New Property Guide provides the latest update on new condo, landed, strata-house, commercial and industrial property new launches.
Visit To Learn More Now.s://.newpropertyguide.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Generally speaking:

Fresh Grad
Bank Compliance 2-4k, average hours (6-7pm)
Audit ~3k, **** hours (11pm-2am kinda ****)

Short term (~5 years)
Compliance 6-12k (depending on what area of compliance/bank/market), average hours, limited exit options (usually between banks or MNC)
Audit ~5-7k (depending if you missed any promo), still **** hours, better exit opportunities into bank compliance or many other areas (finance, fp&a...non-banking)

Mid term (~8-10 years)
Compliance 8-15k (less stability here) average hours, even more limited exit options
Audit ~10-15k (assuming not yet partner) average hours, also many exit options (however not having commercial experience can be a bane here)

Long term (15-20 years)
Compliance 0-20+k (some out of job, some senior managers)
Audit 15-30k (senior director/partnership)
Wow compliance can even hit 12k in 5 years?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15-02-2018, 02:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Generally speaking:

Fresh Grad
Bank Compliance 2-4k, average hours (6-7pm)
Audit ~3k, **** hours (11pm-2am kinda ****)

Short term (~5 years)
Compliance 6-12k (depending on what area of compliance/bank/market), average hours, limited exit options (usually between banks or MNC)
Audit ~5-7k (depending if you missed any promo), still **** hours, better exit opportunities into bank compliance or many other areas (finance, fp&a...non-banking)

Mid term (~8-10 years)
Compliance 8-15k (less stability here) average hours, even more limited exit options
Audit ~10-15k (assuming not yet partner) average hours, also many exit options (however not having commercial experience can be a bane here)

Long term (15-20 years)
Compliance 0-20+k (some out of job, some senior managers)
Audit 15-30k (senior director/partnership)
Can anyone confirm whether this is accurate?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anyone confirm whether this is accurate?
From a guy (5+years experience) who started in CDD ops (contract) and eventually moved into regulatory compliance... and a gf in big 4 audit... It is quite accurate for the earlier years. We both making 6-7k, our friends in the 8-10k range are in very niche compliance area like financial markets, trade finance, tax projects...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Calle SEBRING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From a guy (5+years experience) who started in CDD ops (contract) and eventually moved into regulatory compliance... and a gf in big 4 audit... It is quite accurate for the earlier years. We both making 6-7k, our friends in the 8-10k range are in very niche compliance area like financial markets, trade finance, tax projects...
Are you working in a bank for compliance? How did you go from CDD ops to regulatory compliance?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 19-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you working in a bank for compliance? How did you go from CDD ops to regulatory compliance?
Yes. I was converted to perm and managed to transfer internally when there is opening, thanks to manager recommendation.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 20-02-2018, 04:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From a guy (5+years experience) who started in CDD ops (contract) and eventually moved into regulatory compliance... and a gf in big 4 audit... It is quite accurate for the earlier years. We both making 6-7k, our friends in the 8-10k range are in very niche compliance area like financial markets, trade finance, tax projects...
How are both of your bonuses like?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! daydreamer Income and Jobs 1201 20-05-2018 06:22 PM
Risk or Compliance: which is better to be in for a career? dreamzknight Income and Jobs 20 05-04-2017 11:05 PM
Audit in Big 4 babaking Income and Jobs 0 02-07-2016 08:39 PM
What is Compliance Officer (in banking) do? Chuan-Jin Income and Jobs 2 20-09-2014 12:31 AM
IT Audit FreshGraduate Income and Jobs 5 22-02-2014 03:10 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,043 Replies, 745,210 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,876 Replies, 1,111,869 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,881 Replies, 913,931 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2018
5 Replies, 1,422 Views
Credit Suisse - Compliance... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 39,594 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
511 Replies, 251,765 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,298 Replies, 252,992 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,595 Replies, 600,280 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,000 Replies, 3,709,092 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
970 Replies, 409,452 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 15,190 Views
How long does SIA get back after... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 5,267 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 77,802 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
48 Replies, 26,782 Views
Should I pursue a Masters in...
0 Replies, 225 Views
Secondary School Ranking 2017
2 Replies, 5,074 Views
What makes Investment-Linked...
5 Replies, 5,697 Views
teaching English as a career
1 Replies, 377 Views
List of Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 81,857 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 116,241 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 21,628 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 108,889 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
928 Replies, 644,004 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,201 Replies, 323,716 Views
IRAS salary?
1 Replies, 523 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,212 Replies, 740,242 Views
Cambridge Associates ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 16,264 Views
Advice needed for a 30 yo male... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 7,279 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 24,575 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2