Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sharing from my own experience only. I am a share investor not a trader. I bought my first share in 1986 and have been adding to my holdings for over 31 years now. I have not sold any shares other than those taken private or delisted.

Many, if not all, of my shares bought 20 to 30 years ago are now "freehold" shares. What does this mean? It means that the dividends I have collected from them have already broken even with the initial purchase price of the shares. 31 years old on, I am still hloding on to these "freehold" shares and collecting dividends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in my mid 30s ans totally agree with holding shares for long term is the best.

Sharing my own experience, i started to buy stock since 2010, all along my accumulated capital is abt $150k. Now my shares has already grown to 350k. It is more than 100% return in 7 years time.

I will continue to add in fresh fund and reinvested my dividend received. Hopefully it will grow to a million in 3 - 4 years.

Would you be able to share what kind do u buy? E.g. Stocks, etf, reits? Local, overseas mkts? And other fr the stock exchange, which platform do you recommend?