Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Being ruthless to be rich
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Do you live in a GCB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered (PERERA) View Post
A quick background of myself. 40 yrs old. Done my EMBA with the world's top 5 MBA School. Married with 2 kids. Earn about 24K per month. Mechanical Engineer from NTU.
My EMBA is not the main contributor to my monthly income. I started investing in real estate since I was 24 years old. My advise I would like to offer you is that your job and your monthly income from your employer is not permanent (unless you own the business or you are a civil servant). You will need to create a passive income that will sustain you and over the years, it will grow. Remember, investments grown at a compound rate. So, the initial start is slow but it picks up after some time.
So, my suggestion for you is to put aside about 60% of your monthly salary and invest it. You will see returns in 4 years and by the time you are in your 40s , I am confident to say that it will be about the same as you are earning in your regular job. But the time you reach 50, you don't need to work but still live the same lifestyle. Now, that is a successful person (in my opinion).
Good Luck !!