Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Being ruthless to be rich
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2017, 11:56 AM

anormalguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_101 View Post
Oddly enough the former are usually the "nouveau riche", they just made it like to buy tons of branded goods and show off, usually not that generous (both wealth & manners) and interacting with them is hollow. The latter of my associates are business people, they have properties, businesses, super cars mostly old money usually keep in their circles and interestingly do not post much on facebook except some business trips but more importantly talking to them you learn alot business experiences challenges etc.

If you feel that you need to step on people, degrade people or make 25k per month to join their clique I would say you might wanna consider changing your circle of associates.
Concerning those two groups of people, I believe I've reached a greater state of peace where I don't even bother with the rich people who show off. I've come 100% with terms that that's just not gonna be me. Not in this life time.

But the question is really what I am and what people expect of me. It's one thing to have your friends show off. It's another thing to have these same friends question your spending decisions - save on rent to get bigger house, take public transport, not going to investments while they don't realize you don't have that sheer size of capital to make it worth while.

You starting to see the point? I make decisions based on how I value a dollar. And because they value a dollar differently than I do, they make comments on my choices, which to me is making comments on me as a person. We both seek the same thing - a condo and a car, but choose to get there in different ways. One saves another waits for the big windfall.

I really don't want to bring particular industries in the mix. In this environment, or Singapore in general, people associate the sales, finance people as the ones getting the big windfall. And since I'm not in that industry, I can't see myself being that type of people to get that windfall of cash.