Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - how much shall I expect for a vp role in a local bank?
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please elaborate on your 12 years experience. It's not in the finance industry, but is it related to the technical nature of this VP post?

If it's not directly related, I can understand the HR's reaction. Times are bad now, they can't be paying good money to someone who isn't well equipped to handle the job responsibilities.

If it's directly related, it's best to negotiate with HR on an annual package basis. Tell them you're looking at a 160-170k annual package, how many months bonus they give over there? UOB may be paying high bonus months and HR got shocked at your high base because annual package is too high for them.
Thanks for the reply.

Of my 12 years experience, roughly 8-9 years are in the same area of the role I applied. But since technology evolve constantly (in fact almost all jobs nowadays change), I can't say it's 100% direct related. I mean one could be a trader for 20 years, but over the past 10 years trading has drastically shift from floor to electronic platform. Can this trader claim 20 years trading experience all related to what is now more algorithm based trading role?

It could be the case that I presumed a much lower bonus portion than what is practised by them, thus it'll appear too aggressive. I explained my way of calculation and hopefully they understand.

I can't say for sure my market value without a few offer to gauge. Think I'll try to negotiate using my current package and the work scope of the role which does require specialized skills that is not common in traditional banking environment.