Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - how much shall I expect for a vp role in a local bank?
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangos47 View Post
It's UOB actually. The role is of technical nature but not sits in IT, rather under finance side. I have 12 years experience but not in financial industry. so it's a career switch sort of.

I put in the expected monthly basic 12k, then HR told me it's way out of budget... not sure if it becomes a deal breaker

noticed from glassdoor there's a big difference for VP salary across different organisation, even across the three major local banks. Thought shall be similar in DBS, OCBC, UOB, but seems DBS is like 20% higher than OCBS which in turn about 20% higher than UOB. UOB's title inflated?

btw, anyone can share on average technical role in UOB got how many months bonus? how is the working culture and work/life balance like? glassdoor review kinda sucks for UOB compared to DBS and OCBC...
Please elaborate on your 12 years experience. It's not in the finance industry, but is it related to the technical nature of this VP post?

If it's not directly related, I can understand the HR's reaction. Times are bad now, they can't be paying good money to someone who isn't well equipped to handle the job responsibilities.

If it's directly related, it's best to negotiate with HR on an annual package basis. Tell them you're looking at a 160-170k annual package, how many months bonus they give over there? UOB may be paying high bonus months and HR got shocked at your high base because annual package is too high for them.