Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm the poster you quoted.

Read carefully. Where did I say that he should only accept a 8 to 5 job as a lawyer?

I'm saying that the firm trying to enforce a Monday to Saturday work-week is stupid and pointless.

no professional firm puts Saturday as its OFFICIAL working hours. to do so smacks of primary school disciplinarianism.

so is he expected to come in on a Saturday when there's nothing really much for him to do?

working adults are capable of planning their own workflow and meeting their deadlines without being compelled to come back on Saturday. what's next, coming in at 7 am for flag raising ceremony too?

even the most brutal financial services firms or investment banks don't stipulate an official Saturday workday.
What difference does it make whether they include Saturday as "official"? Fact is it is expected in the industry for freshies to work 80+ hour work weeks without OT pay.

Does it make your balls feel song song if they tell you your workdays are Monday to Friday but everybody in the office knows you need to come back during Saturday or else means terminated?

You are just ranting on semantics that have no consequence. Market rules, nobody cares about what you think "should" be the reality. If you cannot accept it, just leave the industry and join a nice spot in the civil service.