Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seriously?

I always see it advertising openings whole year round.

Is it difficult to cope with the work there (complex mathematics and codes as expected in simulation engines)?

How was your work life balance? Overtime a lot or burn weekend?

If you don't mind sharing details of how's life is there inside.
basically, the whole company (regardless which dept) is really a waste of time. the reason why it is advertising all year round because of its high turn over rate. to be honest with you, im not really from that dept, im from another dept but we do internal dealings for projects. the degrees are leaving in batches, people just keep leaving because of its low pay, low progession, low increment and unprofessionalism. it is not really hectic kind of job and people mostly leave on time. what i can advise you is that since you have some knowledge in programming, i would rather you go gain your exposure in companies like apple, fb, google, yahoo or other applications company (be it a sme or what). you wont gain much useful experience here and because this company have 70% ppl who just sit and take pay those, you wont be able to move up. it is hard to even work in a team because there is a lot of mismatch in the engineers over there. to be honest, alot are just technicians kind of level but given position like engineers and senior engineers so i can assure you that you wont be able to get much help over there. it is a GLC company that by right can be a very good and professional company due to having the assets but too bad, they had set their hiring policy wrong.