Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - List of Management Associate Programs
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, no one is denying that prestige is hard to quantify. But then again, what about other considerations like pay? For instance, I know DBS MAP pays about 4.5 - 5k?

I believe Shell pays lesser, say 4k max? Does this affect your judgement of the two candidates/companies?

How would you rank all the MAP/graduate programs (including banks) but not FO roles since those aren't MAP? Thanks.
Not really. DBS pays 4.3 - 4.8k on a 15-16 mth package while Shell pays about 3.8-4k on a 18-19 mth package. Also DBS MAP usually get ~10-20% increase every year during the program while Shell offers ~20-30% increase. The difference becomes bigger after a few years, if you compare a DBS & Shell MA grad in the mid 30s, the salary gap becomes very wide.

I think it's hard to rank individual programs per se, I mean what's really the difference between GSK or Unilever or HSBC program? It really depends on what functions you are in, the kind of industry you like, as well as the type of rotational opportunities at hand. They are the kind of programs most people in the market will accept as getting the best at hand, but individual experience is going to vary.