Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - List of Management Associate Programs
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Personally I am just speaking from recruitment experience. People are free to disagree as there is no universal standards of what constitutes prestigious.

For me what distinguishes good & prestigious is really the wow factor. Wow factor means if you are in a social setting, interacting with headhunters or negotiating your salary, friends will look at you in admiration, headhunters will be eager to connect with you even if they have no opportunities at hand, employers will look at you in deference.

Sure generally FO jobs in BB attract the best, but those who choose to join some sort of BO/MO rotation program still have a much better wow factor compared to a similar MAP in DBS for e.g. Maybe some will argue that they know anecdotal someone who is in some place not as good as people think, but that's not really the point. It is all about perception and employer brand equity.

A lot of it is really common perception. I mean try and imagine during CNY you visit relatives 2 youngsters introduce themselves as management associates, 1 is from Shell the other from DBS. Who do you think is likely to be the talk of the town?

The only difference in having recruitment experience is that I know better what are some of the companies that others always want to poach, what programs are harder to get in and what companies candidates are desperate to get in but can't.