Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed for a 30 yo male diploma holder for the next stage of his life / career
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0496418 View Post
no special skills - mind stating what special skills are u talking about?

no network - i agree with u i have no network

unwilling to work long hours - i have seen ppl in senior positions with recognized degrees @ MX12 onwards working with avg workload n leaving on the dot. honestly i dont see them adding much value to the organization, just that maybe their academic qualification is strong? so i dont really know what are u talking about? i dont mind working long hours and half a day on wkend, but definitely not 12 hours daily, if that's what u meant. most, if not all of the MX12 in my organization dont even clock 60 hours a week. btw my definition of senior position = employee under degree scheme.

no industrial experience - having started from CS, sad to say i think it's quite difficult to bring forth my experience from CS to private sector. but it would be easier if one will to transit with exp from private sector to CS. feel free to disagree with me though...

academic qualification - i could enrol in unisim part time. but what's the point seriously if my future job cant even offer me higher than what im earning currently? pointless isnt it?
I think you have been in civil service too long and have a distorted view of how the world outside works. You make it sound as if working 12 hrs a day is some super jialat thing, in some industries 12 hrs a day is off peak only. And nobody in pte sector will consider a MX12 a "senior position", you are quite off base here as well.

You can't just sit around with no useful academic qualifications or marketable experience and just go online and expect people to teach you how to get a massive pay rise while maintaining the same sort of civil service go through motion every day.

Either up your socks and start being more hardworking and willing to take stress or just treasure and be content at where you are.